Egr location

Eddieg

Reaction score
Hi guys can anyone tell me where the egr valve is located on my 2.5 tdi b6 Quattro I'd like to take it off and clean it thanks in advance for any help

Cheers buddy next question is is it difficult to remove is there a guide here on cleaning it ?

Not too difficult to remove, just make sure you get a proper purchase on the allen bolts - I pretty much rounded one of mine off.
I blanked off my EGR completely.

Why did you blank it off what are the advantages ? Would the software need updating if it was blanked ?

It stops exhaust gasses traveling back through the engine.
Over time the inlet manifolds get really gunked up with sooty/oily deposits from the exhaust - this has a slight knock on effect to performance.
Blanking the EGR stops these exhaust gasses from being re-circulated, so the engine is only breathing clean air.
I also removed my intake manifolds and gave them a good clean up - they needed it!

I have noticed slightly better responsiveness, slight increase in MPG and also less diesel smoke from the exhaust.

Fitting an EGR blanking plate to the 2.5TDi wont throw up an error code.

Sorry for all the questions but is there a how to guide on doing this modification ?