trip computer that lies through its teeth..

demus

Fire in the hole..
Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is a way to calibrate the trip computer with VCDS etc??

The MPG reading on my TDI is way over what it should be, the average always around 61 to 63 MPG!!!

More like 45 tops with the journeys I do, it does seem the harder you drive it the better it is, but as soon as you ease off it goes sky high, the 2004 TDI we had at work was very nearly spot on, is this a fluke and they are generally quite crap, or are they normally good??

Anyone got any ideas or views...cheers

They can be recalibrated through VCDS. Mine reads a couple of mpg under and I run it on the long term average, anything else will just give daft readings.

In the DIY guide sticky thread there is a link to a guide that explains how to do it.

Yeah My A4 trip computer MPg is as follows.... Urban 49mpg Combined 58 mpg and then EU 107mpg lmao! it needs recalibrating also so i might have to get on this link

I have done mine its really easy to adjust but you can only do it in 5% increments

Mine reads 0.2 mpg out now

No you need full version

I'm not lucky enough to have full DIS but my countdown mileage is pretty damm close to be honest...

No you need full version

******... It'll stay as it is for a while then.. Do you have to buy a cable & software from Ross Tech for the full version then??

The range display is ok, but it'll start off saying a 800 mile range when full, which when the MPG is correct it'll prob be around 650 miles, once down to a quarter of a tank it drops off quite quickly..

Last edited: