B6 premature wheel bearing wear.

The911SC

Reaction score
Jumped in my A4 which my Wife now drives to find a wirring noise at anything over 30. Cornering to the right, it gets slightly worse. Took it to my dealers today and it was diagnosed with wheel bearing wear with only 12,000 on the clock, 2 yrs old!.
Will be taken care of under warranty thanks to my friendly local dealership. Apparently there is a newer style wheel bearing which supercedes the part.

I've complained about a similar noise for the last three visits. I hope this is the cure!

Well I've booked it in three times to investigate a noise that I say is a bearing so my fingers are crossed.

I've just had mine replaced under warranty.
Near side front bearing making a clunking noise going round a roundabout.
Listers Worcester had the car on Wednesday morning, ordered the part and got the car back this morning.
Top dealership with no Bul***t, get my vote everytime.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Mine came back today with no fault found. I don't get a clonking (definately a problem) and it's being put down to tyre noise again. Maybe they are all like this. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

What tyres are you running?. The wheel bearing wear sounds like a groaning noise on mine noticable at speed (50-60), cornering to the right or left will indicate which it is more likely to be. I have had a car with tyre noise in the past and it did sound similar. If you have different front to back, swap them.

I'm running Michelin PS2s on my the OEM wheels and Goodyear F1's on the RS6 reps. Same noise with both henceI don't believe it's tyres.I've also down a front to back switch.