2.5TDi Injector pump timing & Needle lift sensor.

AlexGSi2000

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Just a quick question on timing up the fuel pump on the 2.5 TDi:

Does the needle lift sensor need to be working when adjusting timing of the fuel pump?

I checked initially with VCDS which told me that the timing was too advanced - moved the pulley quite a few times and tested but kept telling me that the timing was too advanced - it only increased the duty cycle according to VCDS.

The needle lift sensor on the 3rd injector isnt working on mine, been putting off swapping it for a while but if its required to set the timing accurately I may aswell order one.

Many thanks!

I am just in the process of ordering now, I have found two part numbers/revisions for the injector, these are; 059 130 202 F/G

I have spoken to Audi, they are not sure which one I have - F or G, will this matter? - I dont fancy removing the rocker covers again to find out!

Many thanks!

Do you have a round connector or a square one ? Assuming your's a late b6 it should have the round connector. Most likely the one your's have is a F, the G one was fitted to BDG/BAU later cam roller engines, not that it matters much just they are limited in the tune ! Failing that you could swap the internals off your "bad" injector and fit it to the new injector so the nozzles are not much out of balance...

Do you have a round connector or a square one ? Assuming your's a late b6 it should have the round connector. Most likely the one your's have is a F, the G one was fitted to BDG/BAU later cam roller engines, not that it matters much just they are limited in the tune ! Failing that you could swap the internals off your "bad" injector and fit it to the new injector so the nozzles are not much out of balance...

Thanks, Im not 100% sure on the connection shape - will check later on.
Spoke to a bloke at TPS who said the same as you about the F revision, will call back and order - £285.