Confused with Steering Wheel Controller!

Funkyfin2000

Reaction score
Website
www.google.co.uk
Hi Guys,

Looking at Cruise Control for my audi A4 Avant 2004 1.9TDI Sport.

It has a 3 spoke steering wheel with on board computer (MPG/Length Driven) but no Steering Wheel Controls.

VAG com/VCDS lite say the VAG NUMBER is 8E0 953 549S which on RossTechs site says is not compatable with Cruise control and requires updating.

TPS with my VIN number says my Steering Wheel controller should be fine and checking finer details on Ross Techs site my coding says its coded as a 3 Spoke Steering Wheels which should have a compatable controller!

any ideas...is VAG com giving me an incorrect part number?

If I have On Board computer...it must have a suitable Steering Wheel Controller?

any help appreciated...different between a £100 bill and £300!

Rich

all modules do on board computer but only mid to high end ones do 3 spoke steering wheel

i would take the steering cowling off and check what number is written on it!

Hi mate, unfortunately the part numbers ending with the letters 'F' and 'S' are not compatible. I had to upgrade my steering module too to the 'Mid' line/'High' line, in order to enable cruise control.

Hi mate, unfortunately the part numbers ending with the letters 'F' and 'S' are not compatible. I had to upgrade my steering module too to the 'Mid' line/'High' line, in order to enable cruise control.
+1

My 2005 S4 had an S suffix SCSM which I had to swap when I wanted to add cruise control.

If VCDS say's its the 'S', then its the S. Can't really trust TPS to see what parts are installed tbh.

You can easily do a visible check without removing the steering wheel.

Remove the 2x T8 Torx Screws from the bottom cowling, this will release the top cowling and allow you to flip the cover back to reveal a white sticker.

I take your point....VCDS will be reporting accuratly! Doh! just didn't want to think about the additional cost...

anyone know how much the Steering Wheel controllers are? Is there much point getting a Highline one over a mid line? apart from the highline allows for Heated Steering wheel which I will never have!

I guess its checking the price of them all and which one is the cheapest..

That is for DIS, but you can simply ground pin one of the blue dash plug.

no as you have dis you will either have the washer level sensor or the pin will have been grounded already unless you have a washer level warning on your dash permanently