new owner

Jay85

Reaction score
Hi all.
Been on here for a while. Had a b5 a4 until yesterday. Now have a 1.9 tdi sport.
Brilliant car, but only thing so far is cannot reset spanner light. Tried the spanner button with the 0.0 button but no joy. Do I need to plug this in?
Also the other thing is air con not working. There a common problem with these? Like refrigerant sensors?
Cheers all

Check the DIY stickys m8 I'm sure it's in there ! You don't need to plug in just you the buttons on the dash the ignition key lol.... You're also best to get the car scanned for the air con as mine just had to have the g65 sensor replaced in mine but it's bit of a wild goose chase unless it's diagnosed correctly

Checked DIY stickies and followed procedures but still no joy. Just have
---- miles
---- service
Or something like that lol.

After a few hundred miles it will calibrate itself and those figures will appear. Might take 500 miles or more but its perfectly normal.

No single issue with the aircon, is your ECON light illuminated? That means the compressor isn't working, which could be a number of things.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

Yes econ light illuminates. Well still have 3 month warranty with the car so will get them to look at it.
Cheers for the help.

Might be worth getting it re-gassed or something? I know some people complain that the aircon doesn't get that cool, but mines a 2001 on 140k miles and it's arctic: I've not had anything done to the aircon for 4yrs (I bought it >3.5yrs ago.

and if you press econ, does the light go off?

with the "ECON" light on, just read "A/C off"

Nope. Econ light just stays on unless I turn whole thing off completely.

My econ would not go off either but you need it scanning

If the ECON light won't go out it means the compressor is not operating, this may be as it's protecting itself because the refrigerant is low, a faulty sensor or anything. I'd take it in somewhere and get them to do a pressure test and see if there's refrigerant in there first oss.