Audi A4 B6 Cruise Control

amz

Reaction score
Hi all,

I want to fit Cruise Control to my A4 B6 SE Saloon but needed some help and guidance.

I've read the following below and understood that 3 Spoke Steering Wheels support the Cruise Control function.

Steering Column Control Module

There are 3 types of steering column control modules, only 2 of them support cruise control.

• Lowline
    • Supported Steering Wheels: Standard Steering Wheel (4-Spoke)
    • Supported Features: Trip Computer (does NOT support Cruise Control!)
    • Part Numbers: 8E0-953-549-F 8E0-953-549-S
  • Midline
    • Supported Steering Wheels: Standard Steering Wheel (4-Spoke), Sport Steering Wheel (3-Spoke), Multi-Function Steering Wheel
    • Supported Features: Trip Computer, Cruise Control
    • Part Numbers: 8E0-953-549-L, 8E0-953-549-N
  • Highline
    • Supported Steering Wheels: Standard Steering Wheel (4-Spoke), Sport Steering Wheel (3-Spoke), Multi-Function Steering Wheel
    • Supported Features: Trip Computer, Cruise Control, Steering Wheel Heating
    • Part Numbers: 8E0-953-549-M, 8E0-953-549-P, 8E0-953-549-Q, 8E0-953-549-R
I was looking to upgrade my 4 spoke steering wheel to 3 spoke steering wheel regardless of cruise control, so I thought it would be a bonus if it did support the cruise control function.

I've purchased the 3 spoke steering wheel and cruise control switch from different sellers which should arrive at some point next week. I understand after I fit them to my car it will need coding via VCDS.

Is there anything I have missed out such as additional parts in order for the cruise control to work?

Any help much appreciated.

Last edited:
why do you need to swop from a 4 spoke to a 3 spoke ... i have a 4 spoke wheel and i fitted crusie

All depends on the part number of you steering wheel controller, which you can only know when you take your wheel off.

why do you need to swop from a 4 spoke to a 3 spoke ... i have a 4 spoke wheel and i fitted crusie

I like the look of the 3 spoke steering wheel rather than the 4 spoke steering wheel.

All depends on the part number of you steering wheel controller, which you can only know when you take your wheel off.

Do you know which part numbers are/aren't compatible? If it is not compatible then how much is a steering wheel controller going to cost me mate?

Sorry I was under the impression the steering wheel controller was an additional part other than the steering wheel itself.

You can read the part number of the SCSM using VCDS (VAG-COM) without dismantling anything.

PetrolDave:1644837 said:
You can read the part number of the SCSM using VCDS (VAG-COM) without dismantling anything.

For that I believe you need the full version of vcds, but unfortunately I only have the vcds lite version :(

You will also need the full version to activate cruise and reset any ABS issue

So I've finally found out my steering wheel part number with VCDS Lite, my part number is 8E0 953 549 F - which I understand is the lowline module.

Does this mean I'll need a new steering 'module'?

I'm assuming changing the steering 'wheel' is pointless?

Last edited:
Yes you will need a new module for cruise you need a mid line or high line module

Hi mate, I have a "n" module for sale if interested mate. This will support cruise and a MFSW upgrade.

I'd be interested - what sort of price are you after?

Neil