Movement in drivers seat

A7788

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Recently bought a 2003 A4 1.9 130 and love the car but it has a few niggly issues which I am trying to sort.

I have an annoying issue with the drivers seat having movement in it, so when accelerating it tilts back and when braking it tilts forward. I have found a few other posts with similar issues but can't really see a resolution to it. I have been out this morning and found the problem is relating to the bolts holding the seat to the mount for the runners - see pics below;

photo1-1.jpg

photo2-1.jpg

What will be the best way to resolve this, cut the bolts and refit or any other ideas?

Not sure what parts are available separately, my brother just bought a B6 A4, and the drivers seat is a slightly different colour, it was replaced because of the movement you speak of. Does the seat pivot on those bolts at the front, for the height adjustment?
If its just play in the bolts then I'm sure its easy enough to engineer a way round without resorting to buying expensive parts..If you do find a way round it just make sure its strong enough incase the worst ever happens...

Thank you for the reply. Had a better look this evening and although the holes are now a bit oval shaped which is causing some of the movement, most of the movement is coming from between the 2 bolts in the middle of the seat - need to remove the seat to have a better look. Any idea how easy, or difficult a job it is to remove the seat?

Haven't had to remove a seat so far so not sure, but I wouldn't think it will be too bad, most of the interior I've removed seemed to come apart quite nicely... so far....

I've got similar. Only slight ATM. Will be watching this thread with interest.

Good luck