ESP light randomly comes on ?????

dilligaf98

Reaction score
Hi All

I am new to the forum so please be gentle.. i brought an A4 1.8T Q cab 3weeks ago its a 53 reg from 04 with only 56000 miles on now every now and then i get the ESP light come on the dash then after switching the engine off and starting it back up its gone does any body have an idea what could cause this ?? my tyres on the front have 6mm tread and my tyres on the back have 8mm ( just fitted eagle f1 asy 2 ) any answers appreciated

Most likely an intermittent fault on the brake light switch. ideally scan with VCDs to detect fault. Easy DIY change.

Hi Pj

Cheers for the reply mate i will look into this is it worth me buying a vag-com ?? or just take it to a garage to plug in and see

Is your wheel alignment out? For example your steering wheel not pointing directly straight when going straight, if so that will be causing your esp light to come on.

run it into a garge get it scand for 30ish pounds job done if you plan to keep the car for a few years it would be worth paying out 200 to 300 for the vag for your self. maybe some one on here near you who will scan it for you for a drink also

Buy a cheap £15 OBDII cable on ebay & download VCDS Lite & register it with Ross Tech ($99 IIRC) to get the extra features. Mine has paid for itself many times over.