100ps

Nobynomates

Reaction score
I have been looking on the auto trader website and there was a car advertised as 100ps can some one explain what exactly what it stands for, i have tried searches on the net but not getting any joy

Thanks

100ps is roughly 98.6bhp, it is the European way of measuring power where as we use BHP.

And on an A4 it isn't really enough to be honest.

[ QUOTE ]
I think its only with the new 2.0tdi that it became euro 4 compliant.. my tdi 130 isnt.. or i'm paying WAY too much company car tax!!

[/ QUOTE ]

There's also a 1.9 PD 115 in the new A4 that's Euro 4 compliant. It's the entry level diesel engine.

[ QUOTE ]
I think the 1.9TDi were either 90 or 110, but not 100.

[/ QUOTE ]

Those were the pre-PD 1.9TDIs. The PD 1.9s come in 100, 115, 130, 150 & 160 ps outputs. Only some of these were available in Audis

When I bought my car the dealer said it was 130 BHP. I have just received my log book last week and I can not see anything on there stating what it is. how can I find out

Look in the spare wheel well. There should be a sticker in German that details the exact build of the car, should be 96kW which is 130bhp.

I've got a 2002 100BHP A4 which is on a 1.9 TDi engine. Can confirm that it is way under powered.

Looking to upgrade in next few months