Clutch Smell??

Platinum70

Reaction score
I have noticed over the last few months a very intermittent clutch smell when driving my car. I had it again the other day having been in the car for about 4 hours. Can't tell if its my car or a car i am following. Seems a concidence to follow cars with the problem.

I never ride the clutch and its not even following hard driving. Surely if it was my car it would happen more often and not at random for no apparent reason??

Please advise. thanks guys

Hi Platinum - I would hope it's not make - Have you have a read of my post below this one ?

Indeed - that is why I posted it. I would have added it to yours but thought it may be different problem.

I do hope it's ok Platinum...............

Is it slipping? Like I've said before - I've read 235-240 lb ft is the safe limit for these clutches.

It's not just pulling away hard and slipping the clutch that wears it out. It's also having to push all that extra torque down to the wheels that Audi didn't plan for it to have...............

One things for sure if it is on it's way it'll only get worse.

I think you'll just have to "suck it and see"

All the best

BUB /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Bub.

The strange thing is it will smell for a few minutes at most then it goes away. It has happened about five or six times in total and the time before this was a couple of months ago. Just seems too intermittent!

Also no slipping at all. Perhaps I'll have to take AMD up on uprated clutch although they said not necessary. Still waiting for the other matter to be sorted out. About have warranty issue with the turbos's. They are not happy with the warranty terms offered.