AH FabricationsVolks Autos
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: B5 S4 FRONT BRAKE CONVERSION

5th Gear

Status

B5 S4 FRONT BRAKE CONVERSION

So from a previous thread about brakes made me wanna spend some ££ so i got hold of a set of s4 callipers from a T reg 2.7 S4.. so just searching for brake conversions then just came across alex asking a question about pre facelift to facelift callipers being different does this make any difference at all ?? just worried its not a bolt on part etc just wanna bolt them on and go if you get my drift ?? also do the clear the Sline (RS6) style wheels ok (genuine et43).. any pics of done conversion would be great thanks mark
    A4 TDI 130 SPORT..
    now sold but still in the family, gone back in time to the cupra R again..

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status
    Hi Mark,

I have calipers sitting in my spare room, need to get my ass in to gear. Not to sure about the facelift question, i believe it is just a bolt on upgrade?

Regarding ET; To clear the calipers,you need ET39, soif your wheels have ET42,you need 3mm wheel spacers: 42-3=39
    Cobra88 likes this.
    Audi A4 B7 SE S line TFSI Quattro.

5th Gear

Status
    Just reading ASHIHARA thread bowen and just noticed he's done said upgrade with my wheels but no mention of spacers but hopefully someone who has done the mod can confirm..... thanks for reply
    Last edited by marktdisport; 18th July 2012 at 21:27.
    A4 TDI 130 SPORT..

1st Gear

Status
    I have 6mm wheel spacers;my wheels are replicas RS6 with ET45.To clear calipers you need ET 39,like @bowen said.

It`s true,there is 2 type B5 S4 calipers,they have the same discs,but the pads are slightly different.

B6 1,9TDI AVF SPORT QUATTRO AVANT

Mods:RNS-e sat nav,Bluetooth,Rear camera,Full led interior/exterior,Cobra PCD,S4 B5 front brakes,S line body kit+S4 door blades,S line gear knob,RS4 B7 handbrake,RS6 wheels,EGR deleted,cruise control,custom leather & alcantara seats,tinted windows,A4 B7 arms & wiper blades,BV43 turbo,FMIC,custom remap(around 200hp and 368lb/ft tourque)

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ASHIHARA View Post
    I have 6mm wheel spacers;my wheels are replicas RS6 with ET45.To clear calipers you need ET 39,like @bowen said.

It`s true,there is 2 type B5 S4 calipers,they have the same discs,but the pads are slightly different.
    Thanks for the reply ive also asked the question in your build project m8.... thats a shame as didnt really want to go spacer route but if i have no choice ill have to invest... They are of a pre face lift T reg s4 thanks mark
    A4 TDI 130 SPORT..

1st Gear

Status
    I didnt want aswell to put spacers in the front,but it was the only option to clear the calipers.
    Imagine what surprize was for me when i saw they dont fit without spacers!I dont understand what is different between S4 B5 and A4 B6,because S4 B5 17inch wheels have ET45!

Mods:RNS-e sat nav,Bluetooth,Rear camera,Full led interior/exterior,Cobra PCD,S4 B5 front brakes,S line body kit+S4 door blades,S line gear knob,RS4 B7 handbrake,RS6 wheels,EGR deleted,cruise control,custom leather & alcantara seats,tinted windows,A4 B7 arms & wiper blades,BV43 turbo,FMIC,custom remap(around 200hp and 368lb/ft tourque)

5th Gear

Status
    I didnt want aswell to put spacers in the front,but it was the only option to clear the calipers.
    Imagine what surprize was for me when i saw they dont fit without spacers!I dont understand what is different between S4 B5 and A4 B6,because S4 B5 17inch wheels have ET45!
    yeah this is were im getting stuck to understand because the car ive brought them of as the std avus 17 on still... so why wont they fit is bugging me... just looking at th fk range on dpm performance they also come with longer bolts for 2 sets is 90 + vat + 10 pp so not to bad...
    A4 TDI 130 SPORT..

1st Gear

Status
    If u find out the diferences and why we need spacers,let me know;is a total mystery for me

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by marktdisport View Post
    yeah this is were im getting stuck to understand because the car ive brought them of as the std avus 17 on still... so why wont they fit is bugging me... just looking at th fk range on dpm performance they also come with longer bolts for 2 sets is 90 + vat + 10 pp so not to bad...
    Have you checked out GNJ TPI spacer they come with bolts and are cheaper.

My calipers look like the have 4 pads per caliper, if that makes sense?
    Audi A4 B7 SE S line TFSI Quattro.

1st Gear

Status
    Bouth of them have 4pads per caliper,the diference is the pads have slightly different shape.

I paid for my bolts and spacers front and rear like 40-45£ from ebay.

5th Gear

Status
    right is the any part number experts around !! been told today that the B7 3.0 tdi Q has also got the same brakes as a S4 ??? so i had a nose on ebay and they do look very big brakes on the pictures but was wondering if anyone with etka can cross reference the part numbers of the callipers etc........ the strange thing is these also come with thw 18" s line alloys
    A4 TDI 130 SPORT..

1st Gear

Status
    Like i have explain to you on the PM,they are totally diferent calipers(and pads),but with the same size of brake discs 320mm.

6th Gear

Status
    The prefacelift s4 has the Lucas HP1 calipers with 4 pads per side and will fit under the Avus 17" wheels as they have a shallow spoke design. The facelift s4/allroad (2002 on) and the 3.0 tdi b7 a4 uses the HP2 caliper which is made by ATE, it uses twin pads per side and it's a much better caliper... They will also fit under certain 17" alloys (allroad comes with 17" wheels ET25) and 18" wheels on the b7 with sport suspension.
    FOR SALE:
    -Golf mk 5/audi a3 1.6 FSI fuel pump, brand new genuine part boxed + seals
    -audi a3 (1998 to 2003) genuine clutch slave cylinder to fit 1.6 engines BRAND NEW
    -Rear bush press tool to fit new rear axle bushes on Golf Mk3/4, Audi a3/S3, Seat Leon/Toledo, Skoda Octavia mk 1/2 used once

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by adamss24 View Post
    The prefacelift s4 has the Lucas HP1 calipers with 4 pads per side and will fit under the Avus 17" wheels as they have a shallow spoke design. The facelift s4/allroad (2002 on) and the 3.0 tdi b7 a4 uses the HP2 caliper which is made by ATE, it uses twin pads per side and it's a much better caliper... They will also fit under certain 17" alloys (allroad comes with 17" wheels ET25) and 18" wheels on the b7 with sport suspension.
    Mine are Lucas calipers prefacelift and do not fit ET 45 wheels without wheel spacers.

I have seen allrouds whit the same calipers like mine,but i dont know what year.

Lucas calipers have 2type of pads,but the same 4pads per caliper.

5th Gear

Status
    Well they come today and they are massive but Ive gotta get spacers disks and pads before fitting them.....they also need a damm good clean up
    A4 TDI 130 SPORT..

6th Gear

Status
    Mine are Lucas calipers prefacelift and do not fit ET 45 wheels without wheel spacers.

I have seen allrouds whit the same calipers like mine,but i dont know what year.

Lucas calipers have 2type of pads,but the same 4pads per caliper.
    Early w reg allroad have the HP1 brakes and later 51 reg on have the HP2 caliper made by ATE. Much better brakes and wider choice of pads on the later model ! I have 2 allroads: 1 pre facelift and the other a 2004 model- both are 180Bhp. I actually changed the brakes on the early model as they were not adequate for the size of the car ! I fitted rs4 b7 8 pot brembo brakes and they are as good as they look !
    FOR SALE:
    -Golf mk 5/audi a3 1.6 FSI fuel pump, brand new genuine part boxed + seals
    -audi a3 (1998 to 2003) genuine clutch slave cylinder to fit 1.6 engines BRAND NEW
    -Rear bush press tool to fit new rear axle bushes on Golf Mk3/4, Audi a3/S3, Seat Leon/Toledo, Skoda Octavia mk 1/2 used once

5th Gear

Status
    These callipers will be up for sale now just brought some 2003 b6 s4 callipers disks back plates etc
    A4 TDI 130 SPORT..

5th Gear

Status
    Well today I fitted my b6 s4 brakes.. Well impressed with the sheer power of them over my tiny standards lol...and I didn't even need spacers which was the reason for buying a b6 set up... As the b5 set up I would of needed at least 5mm spacers and I didn't want it any wider with the mrs driving by kerbs so more expense.....Happy days and well worth mod
    A4 TDI 130 SPORT..

CMD
    Pointing Forward's!!!!!!!!!

Status
    Great stuff, I totally agree with you with regards to the B5 S4 set up, I had after market wheel's and had a nightmare with fitting.
    AUDI A4 190T S-LINE.

WWW.PR-DETAILING.CO.UK CERTIFIED DETAILERS

1st Gear

Status
    I decide to change my S4 B5 front calipers with A4 B7 2,0TFIS calipers;does anyone know if i can use the same discs(both calipers use 320mm discs) with B7 calipers?

I looked on eurocar parts and they look the same brake discs...
    Last edited by ASHIHARA; 5th September 2012 at 19:48.

1st Gear

Status
    Can someone make a Brake upgrade how to. Or just a S4 upgrade how to.

5th Gear

Status
    I decide to change my S4 B5 front calipers with A4 B7 2,0TFIS calipers;does anyone know if i can use the same discs(both calipers use 320mm discs) with B7 calipers?

I looked on eurocar parts and they look the same brake discs...
    I believe so m8... I looked on a few eBay adds and they have the dimensions so I don't see why not....
    A4 TDI 130 SPORT..

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Andi25th View Post
    Can someone make a Brake upgrade how to. Or just a S4 upgrade how to.
    If my damm I pad would upload pictures I'd of gladly done one... But for some reason it's a pain in the a**

I brought a set of huge s4 b5 callipers from a 1999.. For around £70 but with talking to a few people on here... I found out you need to run spacers to clear the brake callipers with the wheels, I suspect some aftermarket wheels would clear them but never the less I didn't want to use spacers as the misses drives mine a lot and being any wider I'd assume I'd have no rims left so for me it was a no no... I then found a set of a v8 2003 s4 callipers which to look at there a lot neater and bigger callipers through the wheels only trouble is there rare find and bloody expensive I payed 350 for the set up to be fair the disks and pads are nearly new probably covered 1000 miles....so I didn't mind paying that... When they was delivered I was like a kid in a sweet shop. Couldn't resist but to get them on. Real easy and simple job for anyone really I'm a ex fitter so took me about 1 1/2 hr ish... With fitted the brakes and bleeding them up..the road test was brill response I thought my std ones was ok for the size of a weight of she a4 but now there a different league... If money is no object you best to get the b7 2.0tsfi 320mm or s4 b6 or have told all 3.0tdi as well... I have my old callipers to get rid of but I didn't want spacers if your already running spacers then a cheaper brake upgrade is the b5 set up.. Hope this helps you choose your upgrade
    A4 TDI 130 SPORT..

1st Gear

Status
    My new big boys

rear calipers with 288mm solid discs

front calipers with 320mm vented discs

5th Gear

Status
    Nice 1 m8 they look very similar to mine... What are the rears off.....
    A4 TDI 130 SPORT..

1st Gear

Status
    What are the rears off.....
    I don`t understand...

Status

My Social Networking

Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook
    I don`t understand...
    What car are the rear calipers from?
    Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.

1st Gear

Status
    Aaaa,k ;bouth of them(front and rear) are from A4 B7 2,0TFSI.

5th Gear

Status
    Sorry m8 I should of asked the question better...
    A4 TDI 130 SPORT..

5th Gear

Status

front calipers with 320mm vented discs

Are these the same as the B6 S4 4.2 callipers? - I was originally planning to fit a set of RS4 brakes but due to costs of discs.etc it seems abit overkill for a 2.5TDi.
    I am now hunting a set of B6 S4 calipers...

2002 A4 Avant Quattro Sport 2.5 V6 TDi - 219Bhp - Votex
    BCS Automotive Turbo-Back - Remap -
    19" RS6 Reps - B6 S4 Brakes - Symphony II+
    - Weitec GT
    - 2001 Honda CBR600-FS1 -

5th Gear

Status
    Yeah that's what I've just fitted 2004 s4 4.2 bit overkill on cost but cheaper than front bumper wings and headlights lol....
    A4 TDI 130 SPORT..

5th Gear

Status
    Yeah that's what I've just fitted 2004 s4 4.2 bit overkill on cost but cheaper than front bumper wings and headlights lol....
    Good stuff - im taking it they were just bolt on jobbies?

- Weitec GT

5th Gear

Status
    Yes m8, straight fit and no spacers required...
    A4 TDI 130 SPORT..

5th Gear

Status
    Yes m8, straight fit and no spacers required...
    Cool, where did you get em from? Ones I have found so far are quite expensive.

- Weitec GT

Will design for mods

Status
    I think I have some B5 RS4 carriers knocking about somewhere, any chance they're the same size you need?

FOR SALE: Eibach Sportline Springs from B5 A4. £50 - PM for details.

5th Gear

Status
    Yes I payed through the nose for these of a car with no rear end.... Just found one breaking I I'd put a link up in the eBay add for another one breaking with front and rear accident damage... I've got a set of b5 callipers also now spare but these need spacer to fit under the wheels....
    A4 TDI 130 SPORT..

6th Gear

Status
    Nooo not over kill! Perfect. I love having 345mm up front.
    Atlas Grey A4 2.5 TDI Quattro Sport.
    Mods so far: Cruise control, DIS, Heated Mirrors, Tuning box, Xenonx, Centre Arm Rest, MFSW, RNS-E, SDS and Aero Wipers.
    To do: None yet.
    Next: Auto dip rearview mirror and Folding Mirrors.

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackQuat View Post
    Nooo not over kill! Perfect. I love having 345mm up front.
    Lol still looks strange a 1.9 tdi with some big stoppers up front... Need bigger rears now...
    A4 TDI 130 SPORT..

6th Gear

Status
    I keep thinking that too. I'm big up front but hard anything on my rear
    Atlas Grey A4 2.5 TDI Quattro Sport.
    Mods so far: Cruise control, DIS, Heated Mirrors, Tuning box, Xenonx, Centre Arm Rest, MFSW, RNS-E, SDS and Aero Wipers.
    To do: None yet.
    Next: Auto dip rearview mirror and Folding Mirrors.

5th Gear

Status
    I might have a look around... More money
    A4 TDI 130 SPORT..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast