how much will it cost at garage ????

vr6gordy

Reaction score
i need a front subframe mount replacing but the job is way to big for me to do meself with the tools ive got .. anyone had a front subframe mount replaced at garage(not a audi garage im not paying there prices)... was it a lot of money

no one had this done then on here ????? some one must have ...

hold tight digital,

i don't know where you live mate, but i have a local garage to me in Northampton who will take on this type of job, they charge about £65 per hour, my advise is simple for sub frame changes, find another subframe, get the bushes changed and then do the change over, a sub frame change can take about 3 hours.

here is there web site, you may find one closer to you, but I've only used the one close to me,

Branch Manager: Jason Frearson

The Lion Garage Northampton
Unit 15, Ross Road Industrial Estate,
Sixfields, Northampton, NN5 5AX

01604 750 757

You can say that Paul with the Blue A4 2.5 B6 that had the engine mount
changed there sent you if you wish,

Audi, VW, Seat, Skoda East Midlands, MOT East Midlands, Servicing East Midlands, Repairs East Midlands, Diagnostics East Midlands, Northamptonshire, Leicestershire, Loughborough, Tamworth

had car checked out and they cant find anything worng but they got it back in next week to find it as we ran out of time ...they checked subframe bushes over and all seems fine there so now where do i look ive replaced everything barring the strut and the subframe bush but now ive seen no movement on subframe bush i dont no whee to look but then i had a thought today could it be the seat on th strut where the spring sits on i know these do come off .. could it be this that i here .... gonne look tomorrow night fingers crossed

What is the actual problem you're trying to diagnose?

What is the actual problem you're trying to diagnose?
a knocking sound at low speed coming from drivers side front ...ive replace top mount ..droplink .. arb bush .. both bottom arms ... engine mount ...track rod end when i did top mount i checked top arms and there ok had subfram bushes looked no play in them all so no play in gearbox mount ..... shocker maybe ???????

Rattling pads in calliper or callipers sliders worn.. Does it only happen at low speeds or you just can't hear it when you pick up speed ?..

Rattling pads in calliper or callipers sliders worn.. Does it only happen at low speeds or you just can't hear it when you pick up speed ?..
its not the pads checked em and copper sliped em up

went up to mums in car to day only a mile away and car was making the sound i here .. got home washed the car then went to shops in it all so about amile and noticed the banging sound was alot louder then before i washed it any clues anyone i do wash in the wheel arches with power wash ... any help one this ???????????????????

i know you said you checked the top arms but how where they checked, I went through this last year and the 2 most common sources of what you are going through are the bottom front arm and the top rear arm. I checked all mine and could find no movement until the arm was disconnected at the pinch bolt, then it was pretty obvious which arm was knocking as when you rotated the ball joint by hand it was so loose you could make it knock with just hand power

i know you said you checked the top arms but how where they checked, I went through this last year and the 2 most common sources of what you are going through are the bottom front arm and the top rear arm. I checked all mine and could find no movement until the arm was disconnected at the pinch bolt, then it was pretty obvious which arm was knocking as when you rotated the ball joint by hand it was so loose you could make it knock with just hand power
i checked em when i put top mount on no play at all plus the sound is not that high up where im hearing it from