OK Avant owners how does the jack go back in his box?

I have the same problem i just leave the blooming arm hanging out! Need to be in Mensa to work that out i reckon!

At the facory in Ingolstadt, they use little orphans to build up the tool kits !!!!
I've struggled at roadside many a time after the punter has got their jack out.
Nomally it ends in tears and is thrown in the boot for the kids to play with on a long journey to keep 'em quiet !!
IMHO brain surgery is easier than putting the jack away.

Thanks, thought I was losing the plot (as well as the will to live) when I couldn't do it

andy another opportunity to clear up in the audi market with a solution to a common problem.

You'll be Andy Mac Sub and also Andy Mac Jack (which sounds far better if you ask me! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif )

[ QUOTE ]
andy another opportunity to clear up in the audi market with a solution to a common problem.

You'll be Andy Mac Sub and also Andy Mac Jack (which sounds far better if you ask me! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif )

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

Mmmmmmmmmm........... Think I'll leave mine well alone then!

BUB /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

The handle goes under the jack,!!!!!!!!!!! then the jack goes into the cutout

[ QUOTE ]
The handle goes under the jack,!!!!!!!!!!! then the jack goes into the cutout

[/ QUOTE ]

i've tryed that and the top still don't shut on the box thing and the spare wheel cover sits up in one corner /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Had the same problem myself and tried god knows how many permutations. Even took it to my alloy repairer and he couldn't get the damn thing back in and he has a TT!! Then got sick, went to Audi as a discerning punter, opened up the boot and looked in the kit in an A4 cab. The handle tucks in behind with a bit of cajoling, under the main body of the jack so that the main stem of the handle lies flush with the edge of the jack body.

When you go to put it back in the box it is the first part of the jack that goes in and it sits between the jack body and the side wall of the box that is against the wall of the boot well (and the handle stem is therefore visible). A bit of jiggling in and you can close the box again.

But what a faff on, quicker to call out the AA if you get a flat or simply want to chang your tyres around!!

[ QUOTE ]
We need photo's please. It's urgent!

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry the weather is s /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gife up here tonight and tomorrow I watching the Toon kick Deportivo in the Inter2Bob.

I'll take photos and post them on Thursday.

OK, here goes.... [image]http://uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/gscollie/detail?.dir=2d46&.dnm=4635.jpg&.src=ph[/image] [image]http://uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/gscollie/detail?.dir=2d46&.dnm=d8d1.jpg&.src=ph[/image]

Hope this helps.

Sorry, didn't work, f /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gifking useless thing. I'll try again in a bit

Sorry AndyMac, for got to say the jack box configuration is the same on every B6 variant, saloon, cab and avant.

In the emantime can someone help; how can I get these images to show in the messages from web hosting? The links are there but I cannot attach any images as I don't have a Modzilla 4 enabled browser by the looks of things.

Unfortunately I'm not that much of an IT junkie so help would be appreciated as I wanted to post the other two pics in my album at present of the new exhausts.

Use photobucket.com then just cut and paste the IMG link (the bottom one) into the message text.

Thanks AndyMac, will give it a go tomorrow and repost the pics if you need them again. If not I hope you've got the jack back in snuggly by now

Hope this works.

S4Pics3a.jpg

S4Pics1a.jpg

you guys never had golfs then!

the jack is same as mk2 golf. sire same as 1,3 and 4 aswell.

funny tho, we bought an avant for my missus and the original jack was missing, assume it had been launched through a hedge at the side of the road!

Those photo's worked a treat thanks BBG.
Looks like they've modified the jack on yours though as mine doesn't have the flat bits on the handle that allow it to sit on the back of the jack. It really took some doing to get it bent round the back like that, which is why I didn't think that was how it was supposed to go, but it worked a treat.

It still takes a bit of jiging even with the flat bits and the jack has to be wound in to a certain point for it to work properly.

However I'm tarting up my calipers with a bit of colour at the mo so getting plenty of practice in getting the jack to sit right in its box.

Mind you. I don't remember having as much hassle with the jack with my A3 or S3, maybe it's a Krypton Factor challenge to make sure that Audi Drivers have a certain I.Q. level. Those who get frustrated leave the brand and it maintains quality of Audi Drivers!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noidea.gif

Ah, but you had the intelligence to regsiter on here and ask for help = bonus I.Q. initiative points!

Don't worry, I had to go to the dealership and look in the boot of an A4 cabrio to work it out, but again bonus IQ initiative points.