Cabriolet Conv. Roof - Periodic Service

mikeyjp

Reaction score
I have a 2003 Cabriolet which is the love of my life and we only drive Sundays. Since it was new I have asked the dealer about the notation to "lubricate convertible roof parts and check hydraulic fluid" every 20,000 miles. Its never been done as the tech who does Cabriolet roofs is always "out" when I bring it in. I have searched for information and diagrams everywhere to do it myself (can't see anything obvious when I look at the actual roof mechanism). Finding zero. Can someone help? Does this roof in fact have moving parts that need to be lubricated or is this a mis- statement in the manual? If so, can I do it myself, and if reasonable to do, is there anything out there that will show me the right places to grease, specify the lubricant, and hey - where exactly is the fluid resovoir and how do I get to it to check and see if it needs be topped off? So far no leaks and no problems, but knowing Audi, if anything goes slightly wrong the repair will start at four figures!!! Thanks.
MikeP

Hello everyone,
I too would like to know this.
At present I have an annoying rattle that seems to come from the roof.
When open, no noise, so I am assuming it is coming from the roof mechanism.
Any help appreciated.

i for 1 have never heard of re greesing the roof parts, or a tank you can top up????
the only thing i do to the roof is give it a good cleaning and re proofing every 8 months or so. (cleaning is a bit more oftern)
so if theres somthing i should be doing to my roof. like a service or somthing sutch like, i would also like to know??