subframe mounts

vr6gordy

Reaction score
getting a new mount on my gearbox next week fitted to try stop the banging noise i near on my a4 cab ... if this dont fix it its defo the subframe mount ..can this be swopped over without removing the subframe .... maybe cut it out ...

Yeah you can easily do that without touching the subframe. I needed to support my gearbox temporary with a jack though, obviously very easy if you have a ramp. Just to let you know mine is a TDI so don't know how it compares to other models.

so is the subframe mount just made of rubber then no metal sleave around it ?

where do you get subframe bushes from???????????been on the phone to audi and they say you cant buy em i have to buy new subframe .... euro car farts dont sell em or gsf sa ythey dont sell em .... ?????????????????

Vr6gordy I bought 2 new front subframe bushes from Bexley Audi ( south London) 2 weeks ago so they can get them

The reason I bought them is because mine is knocking, when the left front wheel goes up a drop kerb (about 1/2 inch high) I hear it knock every time, sometimes it does it on rough roads at very slow speeds too, a mechanic mate too it to a place that has a shaker which makes it easier to find knocks, they diagnosed front and rear subframe bushes, just waiting o ave them fitted, they were £28 each from bexley Audi

cheers - Derek

anyone got a guide how to swop over subframe bushs

Here's the part number for the front subframe bushes A8D0 399 415 D (W/S M mounting)

Cheers

i would get another sub frame that is the same as what you have and change the bushies on that and then do the swap, not a job for the light hearted mate, you will need the use of ramps,
finding another cab 1.8t quattro subframe is like picking the lotto winning numbers fact i bet you have more chance of getting numbers then finding a frame

well had car into garage to day i checked it out with them and there no play at all on the subframe bush .so i relay dont have a clue what it could be .. i got the car booked in with them so they can have a proper route around