Double din cage

Greeny233

It's all about the V8.
Reaction score
Hello guys.

I'm going to be fitting a double din cage into the Audi so I can fit an aftermarket touch screen multimedia head unit and I was just wondering if my standard climate controls will fit (just lower down) or will I have to fit specific double din climate controls?

Thanks

Hello guys.

I'm going to be fitting a double din cage into the Audi so I can fit an aftermarket touch screen multimedia head unit and I was just wondering if my standard climate controls will fit (just lower down) or will I have to fit specific double din climate controls?

Thanks
Getting the correct climate control can be expensive, so most people just trim a few mm of the side of their existing climate control.

i trimed my heater controls when i put rns-d into my old a4 its easy to do .. all you have to do when you trim it slide it in as normal till it wont push anymore then get some tape and put the tape where it needs to be trimed ... you will understand when you do it .. then get a very sharp knife and keep scoring down the side of the tape then once cut and a file and run it down the egde to make it something like

What aftermarket double din units are people using and what sort of surrounds fit to take up the strange shape?

I use a Kenwood DNX5220 an old unit now but still a good system, it uses Garmin sat nav and has some useful features such as the zone control and full ipod control, i also have the tv tunner and will soon fit the bluetooth module,( later units have this built in) the Audi kenwood surroud fits well and makes it an overall neat install,

003.jpg

006.jpg

loving the headrest screens mattyboy are where they from mate. Need these for the kids been looking for a while but not seen that many fitted. Thanks Tommy

I got myself a pair of headrests from ebay and cut a couple of 7" veba screens into them, not too difficult to do and all the wires are routed through the headrest poles and then down the rear of the seat so all hidden, i will be re-doing the headrests as soon as i can source annothe pair of leather ones as one is not perfect, i do still have the originals but they will be re-installed on sale of the car.

Do you need to buy the Audi din cage when fitting an aftermarket screen?

I've seen kits on ebay for facia and cage etc... are these ok to use?

Do you need to buy the Audi din cage when fitting an aftermarket screen?

I've seen kits on ebay for facia and cage etc... are these ok to use?

Post up a link to these kits as I suspect the cage they talk about is the metal cage the actual unit sits in, this would then sit in the Audi double din housing which fits in to your trimmed console, ( unless like me you have purchased a new double din console aswell) from memory the console was about £60 and the cage about £ 40 from the dealer.

You still need the double din cage from Audi to convert single to double to mount the double din stereo..........then this fascia makes the front look part of the dash.

It says in the description.....quote "if you have a Double Din stereo fitted as standard"

This sort of thing...

CT23AU01A Audi A4 Black Double Din Fascia Facia Panel Adaptor Surround Radio Kit | eBay

So the audi cage, which fits to the repositioned and trimemd climatem, just allows you to fit the cage into it to get a decent fit?

Any pics of the build process? Had a search but found nothing.

Pm me your email address and i'll send you a pdf of the complete install, only difference will be is you will fit a aftermarket unit with it's own surround to take up the void, the pdf shows the RNSE being installed.

Yeah im going to be fitting a kenwood unit, DDX-4021BT. Was more wondering if the original mounting could be used/modified to fit the double din screen and move the climate unit down to the bottom.

PM on its way. Thanks mate. :)

Hi, is this a big job swapping from single to double din?

Depending on ability I would say 4 to 6 hours. Took me just over 6 when I put rns-e in my last A4.