I'm Gutted

Benny_A4

Reaction score
I've only had my audi a4 1.8t for about 3 weeks, but have had to give it back to the dealer as he was becoming hard work trying to get the faults sorted out. The dealer was canfield motors in dunmow, nice as pie when buying but not very helpfull when it comes to getting it fixed.

1. waterpump went when they were dropping it of to me
2. enging light and epc light came on
3. took number of calls to them trying to find out what is being done.
3. they kept clearing the faults hoping the will go away.

Are audi's know for there sensors to go wrong all the time as my father that got me the car is saying i should stay away from audi's as the garage said i will alway be fixing sensers. Any help would be great as i really want another one

They really are a bunch that lot mate. I am having exactly the same problem.

Oh and there's little chance of getting hold of the manager there..see my other threads on here for the problems I'm having

sorry to hear your having problems guys but i can say im very happy with audi not had any trouble at all in over 3 years now and im sure there are more than a few guys and girls on here that would say the same. but you are always going to have problems with any car to be fair. as for sensors going wrong iv not had any problems with mine at all fingers crossed it stays that way but again iv owned cars before that every other week some thing went wrong with it felt like i was slowly rebuilding the car bit by bit lol

Oh don't get me wrong, not unhappy with the Audi..now its nearly fixed.. I'm referring to the dealer in question. A shoddy bunch at best!

ha i think that there is alot of places like that mate but i was just trying to answer his ? ;-)

I loved the audi i had just worried that if i get another one im going to go through the whole thing again. I had a lot of plans as my brother is good with these cars, I just think the one i brought was a bit of a lemon lol. been looking for another 1.8 t but there just not any thing in my area that stands out. Ive got £2500 to play with but ony with a credit card, my brother can fix them but because i had a warranty i wanted them to fix it.

to be fair mate most audis for 2500 are going to be dogs imo

And avoid canfield garage mate. I certainly won't be going there again

£2500 for any car is asking to buy a load of issues I think. Unless you're looking at stuff which only cost £6K to start with and is 2 years old, that is.

Still, good result on managing to give the car back. Usually they just say no and play hardball on that one.

I did indeed and am feeling the pain from it. I won't be recommending them to a friend, very much the opposite

I did indeed and am feeling the pain from it. I won't be recommending them to a friend, very much the opposite

WOW what are the chances of two people who have never meet buying an audi from the same compay and both of us end up having issues with the cars. I hate the dealer i could quite easly up the ****. Mate when i went round to the garage that has the car he said to me that getting my money back was the best thing i could have done. He has all ready put the car back up for sale on autotrader lol even though its got loads of issues. The garage that i went to have not been paid for six weeks and are about to tell him to take his bussines somewhere else.

£2500 for any car is asking to buy a load of issues I think. Unless you're looking at stuff which only cost £6K to start with and is 2 years old, that is.

Still, good result on managing to give the car back. Usually they just say no and play hardball on that one.

If i had 6k to play with i dont think i would have had so much trouble. Saying that mumra is having probs and he spent that sort of money, I think its just the luck of the draw.

That is weird mate.

Yeah Audi told me mine wasn't one of the best examples they'd seen . Since then They've fixed my multitronic ecu and replace my shocks,plus I've done some other bits (oil change, coolant sensor etc) but now the aircons gone. I'm gonna get the aircon fixed at a mate's garage but they will be getting the bill. I have contemplated giving it back but its had so much done it should be good for a while hopefully, plus who knows what the next ones like, at least I know where I stand with this one. My mate has checked it over and he reckons its not as bad as what Audi reckoned, although that's almost 2 grands worth of work later, thankfully not all paid by me. I will be working on recouping some of what I've shelled out.

Moral of the story... AVOID THAT GARAGE

ive had my a4 for 5 months now with no issues attal and have done 5k miles in it already and cant fault it. i did pay just over 5k for mine though with full audi service history. i think you just got a bad example :(