Driver door not locking

B6Steve

Reaction score
Hi all.

Ive been having a few problems with my driver door. I can lock the car with the fob but the drive door doesnt lock and the lights dont flash after locking.
If I lock the car with the key all locks ok and the lights flash once as they should.

When I press the button on the inside the car to lock it all the doors bar the driver door and the red light doesnt come on. So i cant lock the driver door from inside at all for security.

So, the only way for me to lock all the doors at once is with the key from the outside.

It did it a wee while ago but it seemed to fix itself and now a few months laster its doing it again for some reason.

Any clues?

it will be broken wires in the rubber that runs from the door to the main body of the car

very common problem and easy repair

That or a faulty micro switch in the lock mech which is also a common fault

That or a faulty micro switch in the lock mech which is also a common fault

wouldn't that only tell the comfort control module if its just open and closed and not stop it locking?

My GTI door micro switch failed the other month and the car did not lock the drivers door as it could to tell if it was open or closed, which meant the alarm would not activate either.

Process of elimination I guess.

Thanks for the info guys, I'l get onto the door rubber first to see thats the problem. Cheers