EGR removal on a 2.5tdi

VagCabby

Reaction score
Hello, I'm either being blind or just plain stupid! I have looked all over the forum and on google but had no luck in finding a guide or an info on EGR removal on a 2.5tdi 163. What will this do, will it improve anything or do nothing attal. Last engine I did this on was a 2.0 zetec . Any help would be great!

Bump.

Must be someone who has done this. I want to clean the valve as my car is approaching 145k. I can remove 2 of the bolt but the other two are impossible to get to. I cleaned our 2.0tdi one yesterday and that was a fiddle even though it had about 5 mm of gunk all around the inside of it. The car runs better and isn't throwing out black smoke anymore. Just need to know how people have removed a 2.5tdi one!

Cheers

You can blank it off.
I did this with mine - purchased a blanking plate from ebay for about £4.

I noticed the fact there was a lot less soot, both on the back of the car and in the air-intakes, the engine picks-up a little better too.
Only downside I have noticed is that the engine takes slightly longer to warm up.

Mine put the engine light on as well. Does my head in seeing it all the time

Yeah I blanked my egr rubber pipe off of a day just to see what differance it would make and the car pulled a lot harder just doing that but as said it throws up the cel on the dash, I hate warning lights. Even if a bulb is out or washer fluid needs topping up I have to do it immediately as I hate the yellow warnings! Haha. So all I want to do is remove the thing and clean it. If its anything like our a3 its will be thick with soot and carbon but I cannot for the life of me work out how to get to the bottom alen key bolts.

I have also blanked mine off, when I remapped it, had the egr removed from map.NO LIGHTS on dash! Drives so much better! got over 200 BHP on the RR (155 standard)