Help!!!!!!!!!

RobMac1985

Reaction score
Ruislip (Middlesex) & Longbridge (Birmingham)
Having had my wonderful princess of an S3 written off, i have just purchased an A4 B6 Avant 1.8T

I am looking at doing a few subtle engine mods.
What Induction kits etc??
Turbo Change??
Badger Tip??

Also can anyone tell me what size the Air filter is?? i think my S3 was 80mm if I remember correctly.
I was going to use my Jetex cone on my A4 but will need to buy a reducer.

Please peoples help me out. I was just starting to get to grips with my S3 and now having to start again with my A4

Many thanks in advance

Rob

Are there any meets in the midlands area??

Given that you asked the question about 11pm, chasing for an answer before 7am is possibly a bit premature! ;)

Im no expert on the 1.8T, but the options are plentiful, surely a search in here and the A3 forums must shed some light on it for you.

RS4 rear ARB and would say change the clutch depending on miles and chip it for now

Given that you asked the question about 11pm, chasing for an answer before 7am is possibly a bit premature! ;)

Im no expert on the 1.8T, but the options are plentiful, surely a search in here and the A3 forums must shed some light on it for you.

I thought it was his clear, concise and non-melodramatic subject line that was helping bring the answers flooding in ;)

RobMAc - which 1.8T do you have? 150bhp? 163bhp? 190bhp? fwd or quattro (I assume fwd, since no quattro stated)...

Most people stick to a Green Cotton (or similar) filter replacement as it keeps insurance more reasonable and sounds less boomy when you're cruising (not driven a modified 1.8T, but I know on other cars that induction kits can drone at motorway speeds).

RS4 RARB is highly recommended and very cheap to tighten up the handling.

remap is a possibility too, but bear in mind that if it's a fwd, more than 200lb/ft is a lot of torque for 2 wheels... ask any 1.9TDI owner how often they see their TC light ;)

clutch change probably not needed unless it's been neglected... wait for it to show signs of wear before you jump on that one - careful drivers can get 200k without any clutch issues...

turbo (hybrid / upgraded turbo) are an option as are TT225 injectors and all the usual mods that are available for the same 1.8T engine you had in your S3... you're only limited by your budget and how much power you're comfortable with trying to put through the front wheels... there's people running 400bhp on 1.8T's!

For modest upgrades, how much budget will be required will depend on if you're starting from the 163bhp or 190bhp as to where your "big steps" start to kick in in terms of what it costs for for the next upgrade...

For some ideas:
Audi A4 B6 Tuning - 1,8 T 140 kW (190 hp) Quattro
Audi A4 B6 Tuning - 1,8 T 110 kW (150 hp) Front (for 150bhp to 230bhp upgrade..... €7k!!!)

Last edited: