EM TuningAH Fabrications
    2nd Gear

Status

Am i been thick?washer bottle alarm,2 wires to cancel ? i've check past threads..HELP

Hi i did the retro-fit DIS to my 54 plate b6 sport awhile ago and got the washer bottle alarm as expected afterwards now i've lived with it for awhile but its now doing my head in and i need to get rid of it.

I've checked through past threads as to how to get rid of it, but im confussed as its all a bit tech-speak to me.So can anybody give me a simple answer to these two questions please.

POINT 1....
    You need to run two wires, i get that, one to earth ( by earth i take it somewhere under the bonnet ? )

WHERE DOES THE WIRE START ?? ( somewhere on the washer bottle ?)

POINT 2....
    The wire that runs into the car, where does it run to, is it behind the dashboard clocks? ( how the hell do you get them out ? ) or is it this pin that i keep reading about? ( wheres the pin, and how do i get @ it please? )

CAN SOMEBODY HELP ME, im sure its easy to fix i just need some answers....Cheers
    A4 TDI SPORT with full leather and thats it as standard.Fitted by me.Remap,S-LINE BADGES.S4 Wing mirrors.DIS,Seat Cupra splitter.Rear parking sensors.5k hids+LED side lights+DRL lights+chrome indicator bulbs,amber fog lights.LED Xenon number plate bulbs,upper/lower front grills+boot strip in matt black.Ipod dock.19" BMW X5 SPORT CONCAVE ALLOYS,9 J FRONT 10 J REAR 20mm hub adapters front ET 28,18mm hub adapters rear ET 27.

TO DO.B5 spring perches.Renault rear diffuser?? S/S exhaust.

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    2 options - to disale the alarm you run 1 wire from the dashboard pin to ground (behind the kick plate by drivers rigt leg). Not sure which pin, that's on the how to's.

2nd option is if you want it to work,you can buy the sensor, put it in the washe bottle then run 2 wires - 1 from the pin in the dash and 1 to ground then you have the sensor.
    A4 2004 - 1.8TQ Limited Edition, 6 spd, Recaro Interior
    Mods - RNS-e (MK2); Rear Screens; PS2; AMI; Cruise; DIS; 18" RS6s; Carbonio CAI; Milltek CAT; Milltek CAT back Exhaust; Shark Stage 2 ReMap; RS4 RARB; HIDS; Auto Dim Rear View; RS4 Pedals, Gear Stick & Handbrake; Forge DV; Black Optics; Retro Fit Black Headlining; Retro Fit Power Folding Mirrors
    Mods to come - Memory seats; rear electric windows

2nd Gear

Status
    I've looked @ the how to's and it gets very techy for me to understand, which pin is it behind the kick plate ( by kick plate is that down on the floor near the acceratot pedal.

Sorry if i sound thick i just not very clued up with electric stuff its my dad that will be doing it and im just trying to get all the info for him...
    A4 TDI SPORT with full leather and thats it as standard.Fitted by me.Remap,S-LINE BADGES.S4 Wing mirrors.DIS,Seat Cupra splitter.Rear parking sensors.5k hids+LED side lights+DRL lights+chrome indicator bulbs,amber fog lights.LED Xenon number plate bulbs,upper/lower front grills+boot strip in matt black.Ipod dock.19" BMW X5 SPORT CONCAVE ALLOYS,9 J FRONT 10 J REAR 20mm hub adapters front ET 28,18mm hub adapters rear ET 27.

TO DO.B5 spring perches.Renault rear diffuser?? S/S exhaust.

nj

Status
    look at post 16 of my thread here. At the time I couldn't find detailed instructions so created this. maybe it's not the easiest thread to find or best titled thread? DIS retro fitted but button blanks the display
    Anybody selling a polisher? PM me.
    -----------------------------------
    A4 B6 3.0 Quattro Sport Avant

nj

Status
    haha. I just saw the date on the previous post. I accidentally found this thread while looking for instructions to change a washer fluid bottle
    Anybody selling a polisher? PM me.
    A4 B6 3.0 Quattro Sport Avant