Alternative to Lamin-x?

mattyboyc

B6 Veteran now Q5 owner
Reaction score
Hi all,
Just wondering if anyone has used this as an alternative to Lamin-x,home - FlyEyesKit.co.uk as it seems to be a much cheaper alternative, i used to use Lamin-x and although i was very happy with the look i was very dissapointed with the light output, the ultimate is for a pair of "joyed" headlights but havind had to return two sets purchased from ebay after arriving damaged i was seeking an alternative, so if anyone has experience with this stuff please post your findings,
Thanks as always,
Matt

I have some of this that I've not got around to trying out yet, picked mine up off ebay but seems to be the same as this. I'd previously had some lamin-x type stuff on but since removed as it seemed to make the lights look more brown instead of the black that I wanted.

Think it's the same stuff as seen on John Olsson's R8 (looks freaking awesome!!)

jon-olsson-audi-r8-ppi-stasis-stertman-carbon-wide-body-razor-gtr-v10_DSC2466-Redigera-copy.jpg

I think i'll order some and try it, a friend of mine has it on his side indicators on his golf and it does look good.

Just ordered some of this, i bought some of the cheap lamin x replica stuff off ebay but it looked shocking, made my lights look a brown colour. Hope this works out better it will finish my front end off nicely :kissmyrings:, cheers mattyboyc for the link

Just ordered some of this, i bought some of the cheap lamin x replica stuff off ebay but it looked shocking, made my lights look a brown colour. Hope this works out better it will finish my front end off nicely :kissmyrings:, cheers mattyboyc for the link
Your welcome, if you watch the video on the home page it looks so easy to fit,I ordered the biggest sheet and at £13 odd you can't go wrong, be sure to throw up some pics when fitted, I am off down to southern Spain at the weekend so will fit mine when I return:yes: