Can someone with power folding mirrors help please......

chasdrury

Reaction score
Hi

I need to know the part numbers of door controller modules that support power folding mirrors - can anyone with power folding mirrors VAGCOM their car and tell me the part numbers please, specifically the end letters- The numbers are 8E2 959 801

Cheers

Chas

E is the one you want. There is talk of the p/n's without any letter at the end working too, but have only read that on a US forum (where the p/n's are 8E1, i.e. LHD so maybe some difference as the yanks only had the 1.8T & 3.0 V6 I believe)

E is the one you want. There is talk of the p/n's without any letter at the end working too, but have only read that on a US forum (where the p/n's are 8E1, i.e. LHD so maybe some difference as the yanks only had the 1.8T & 3.0 V6 I believe)

Nice one, cheers Benjie - just wanted to confirm that. Noticed on your sig you have retro fitted auto dimming side mirrors - i have done the centre mirror - where did you wire the output to for the side mirrors - my new power folding mirrors support auto dim glass so might try that as well... ?

And, was your car Highline to start for the auto lights etc or have you done that too?

Pin 3 & 4 on the interior dimming mirror need to go to the mirrors. I took them down the driver's side A pillar and split them and ran them across the back of the dash. then ran them through the door wiring harness (not as hard as it sounds) then up through the door into the mirror (harder than it sounds - I used a coat hangar to get a thick piece of wire in the mirror and then wrapped the auto dim wire and pulled it through... took a few goes.)

My car was already highline, yes. But I needed another highline module as mine was E and it needed F (or something like that) - The guide I used is here. I also have it in a Word document with all the pictures if you want it.

Also, if you don't have them yet, I have an E door module (can't remember which side, will need to dig it out) - I don't need it anymore as I have decided not to do this project now, I'm putting the £££ towards something else. Let me know if you want too.

Reactions: chasdrury
Pin 3 & 4 on the interior dimming mirror need to go to the mirrors. I took them down the driver's side A pillar and split them and ran them across the back of the dash. then ran them through the door wiring harness (not as hard as it sounds) then up through the door into the mirror (harder than it sounds - I used a coat hangar to get a thick piece of wire in the mirror and then wrapped the auto dim wire and pulled it through... took a few goes.)

My car was already highline, yes. But I needed another highline module as mine was E and it needed F (or something like that) - The guide I used is here. I also have it in a Word document with all the pictures if you want it.

Also, if you don't have them yet, I have an E door module (can't remember which side, will need to dig it out) - I don't need it anymore as I have decided not to do this project now, I'm putting the £££ towards something else. Let me know if you want too.

Which side is the E module, mate - defo interested & how much?

My car is lowline, unfortunately so need to get it highline converted but info is sketchy!

The door modules are 8E2 959 802 (driver) and 8E2 959 801 passenger), both with the suffix E, though ones without suffix might work too as I've seen it on an American guide. Can't find the link at the moment though!

I'll PM you now about the modules and stuff...