TURBO BLOWN ONE THING AFTER ANOTHER

tommytonguedj

Reaction score
Well peeps dropping my son off this afternoon, Driving along m60 and very strange loud siren sound started then when i stopped at the roundabout coming off m60 and the car was surrounded by blue smoke, Not really too bothered really about changing turbo as done it before on previous cars, Just that i like to have a spare incase it does happen.

Funny thing is coming back home up the lancs past leigh plod car(not traffic thank god) next to me to the right i was saying in my head stay on green stay on green and up pops RED B*****D we both stop at the lights and mine and the plods car was covered in blue smoke has the smoke started to clear he was sat there shaking his head at me hahahahaha.

Any reccomendations when changing turbocharger, Like new oil feed pipe banjo bolts etc. On other cars i've always changed banjo bolts and cleaned oil feed pipe never replaced for new.

I got a recon turbo for mine a couple of years ago for about £350, not a bad job to do at all.
They did recommend a new oil return pipe, but I just cleaned mine out. Try to fill the turbo bearings with oil before startup.
Nice oil change with fresh oil and filter and you should be fine, I changed the oil and filter again about 500 miles later to try and flush it out a little..
The turbo supplier will probably recommend things to do also..

i recently had 1 fitted to mine and i also changed the return pipe as there metal and possible can corrode so rather than spring a leak later on in life i had it replaced think it cost arouns £30 quid ish not sure though without checking receipts

Thanks for replies guys. Demus can you remember where you got your recon turbo from. Thanks Tommy