Stange power drop last night

scottshere

Reaction score
Got a bit of a strange one

Got in the car this morning and the clock and date had reset back to the date it was manufactured
Mile left in tank display had dropped right down too (400+ last night, 300 ish this morning)

Radio stations presets are all still there though

You think there was some sudden power drop or is this a tell tale sign of something bad is about to happen
(and i dont mean aliens have been and may appear again tonight)

On another note

I tried to change the wipers and got one changed, but the other release catch has been superglued... hhmmmmm
Is it easy to get this part off and replace it or will it be a complete new wiper arm?

When I was recently having a problem with mine, and checking the fuses, I discovered on removing the fuses that one of them did exactly that, only I'm not sure which one it was, I was checking them all. Time and date went right back, radio kept its presets.
Try checking all connections behind there and any other main electrical connections, I guess everything else is working ok??
Has it done it again since??

Tricky to answer the wiper arm question, it is probably the little tab thats snapped, one of mine did during the winter, if you can get the blade off the arm without damaging the arm you'll probably get away with it, once pressure is on the wiper blade it shouldn't be able to come off, hence the clip being so quite small, mines held with silicone sealer and hasn't moved yet.. I think the clip is there more for when you lift the arms off the windscreen..

you can get the clip as i found out after i replaced the full arm!!

part number is 8e0 955 247 according to etka

cheers guys

Not had any new problems with the electrics so far, and the clock/date are fine, so i guess i just need to keep an eye on it

I have a few days off coming up, so time to get a few projects started, wiper arm will be one of them

A develoment

Today i had a few lights appear on the dash

The ABS light is now on, so is the ESP and cannot get it to go away by pressing the ESP button
The glow plug light came on a one point too, this was flashing

Anyone got any ideas as to what the problem might be?
I am thinking some electrics are getting wet or something

Just been through the Sticky section and seen the symptons are similar to the drainage rubbers needing cleaning out and seal around the ECU box
Perfect time to read this with it raining non stop at the moment.....