Few ??? about my 2002 A4 B6 TDI SE Saloon?

Dan TheMan Welburn

Reaction score
Hi all, im new to this forum but not new to the VAG scene, ive owned numerous golfs, seats etc, but this is my first a4, i bought myself a previous cat c, a4 se on 02 plate had been repaired well but not painted well, now alot of the car is not to my taste so i thought ill just change what i can, soooo i have fitted sport cloth seats from a 2004 a4 sport, (so much more comfortable) BUT... these seats have electric lumbar but my car doesnt have the wiring for the lumbar? Can i get the wiring harness and swap them over? i understand itll take a bit of work but im not shy of hard graft....

Secondly, Now i know this subject has cropped up on all the forums but no one seems to have answered it fully, i have the SE model which as far as im aware is the base model, so no rear electric windows. Im wanting to know if i buy complete rear doors containing the electrics what else will i need? Im gonna guess ill need the wiring to at least the O/S front and rear doors and the N/S rear door? but will this be it? or will i need to change anything else?

Next ive had a chew on lately trying to get a keyfob that works, finally found a great seller on ebay thats sorting me out with correct immobiliser chip and a Banana style fob that it will fit in so i can use that on my car, but im thinking of retrofitting the MFSW and i know to do this i will need a newer CCM (comfort control module) aswell as numerous other parts, will this then affect the keyfob im using?

All info is greatly appreciated, i love my audi but just want it to be a little nicer, lol already in the process of making it a s-line replica, bought it a quattro twin exit rear bumper, and got the 17" sline wheels (currently being refurbed) i have my eyes on door blades, side skirts and a aftermarket front valance seen as the sline front bumper is soo damn hard to find,

Thanks for that, hopefully someone can shed some light on the electric window predicament im facing, seems from what ive read on most the forums that one or two people say its not worth doing so no one seems to have done it

I can't comment on the rear electric windows sorry.
As for the MFSW, I have done this.
http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/Cruise_Control_Retrofitting_(8E)
Steering Column Control Module There are 3 types of steering column control modules, only 2 of them support cruise control.

• Lowline
    • Supported Steering Wheels: Standard Steering Wheel (4-Spoke)
    • Supported Features: Trip Computer (does NOT support Cruise Control!)
    • Part Numbers: 8E0-953-549-F 8E0-953-549-S
  • Midline
    • Supported Steering Wheels: Standard Steering Wheel (4-Spoke), Sport Steering Wheel (3-Spoke), Multi-Function Steering Wheel
    • Supported Features: Trip Computer, Cruise Control
    • Part Numbers: 8E0-953-549-L, 8E0-953-549-N
  • Highline
    • Supported Steering Wheels: Standard Steering Wheel (4-Spoke), Sport Steering Wheel (3-Spoke), Multi-Function Steering Wheel
    • Supported Features: Trip Computer, Cruise Control, Steering Wheel Heating
    • Part Numbers: 8E0-953-549-M, 8E0-953-549-P, 8E0-953-549-Q, 8E0-953-549-R
Taken from above, you will need either a M, P, Q or R module.

You will need a newer steering ring too, I'm pretty sure I got one from a Q7.

I need a new slipring anyway as my steering wheel clicks whilst turning so i think something is loose or broken, i can get the steering wheel minus airbag for about £65 so i think itll be a well worthwhile mod, but only thing im thinking is will there be any wiring missing between steering column and headunit for the MFSW to function?

I need a new slipring anyway as my steering wheel clicks whilst turning so i think something is loose or broken, i can get the steering wheel minus airbag for about £65 so i think itll be a well worthwhile mod, but only thing im thinking is will there be any wiring missing between steering column and headunit for the MFSW to function?
Nah it's all done via dataline iirc.

You need to be aware that your airbags may not deploy with the later twinstage airbags.

Im quite happy to live with the risk of bashing my head lol, or worse, thanks for the info mate, ill see if i can find a 03/04 a4 breaking that i can relieve of door wiring, and then find me an airbag and module etc to crack on doing the steering wheel,

Just out of curiosity, what do i need for the DIS/trip computer? is it literally the stalk and compatible module?

Stalk, module and VCDS.
The module you need for the steering wheel will be fine for the DIS.
I managed to pick up a steering wheel, cruise, module and dis stalks for £70 once.

All you will need for Dis is the stalk and vcds as all modules support dis but not all support cruise if you wanted to fit that

Ill be fitting the full lot so might aswell get all the bits before i start, ill keep my eye on ebay and keep a few breakers in mind to get the parts, cheers fellas,

i have the SE model which as far as im aware is the base model, so no rear electric windows.

SE and Sport models have different focus, Sport's have lower suspension, sports seats and steering wheel etc, SE's tend to have cruise control, full DIS etc. Electric rear windows are only standard on V6 models up until the very end.

I can get the parts for rear electric windows, for example i alreadu have all the switch packs, (came with my interior) i just need to know whether its as simple as getting the rear doors with all electrics in or which sections of loom ill need to swap, or whether ill need to get a autoelectrician to wire them up for me, because if i can get a section of a wiring loom from plug to plug that will swap into mine ill do that....

UPDATE!! i have ditched the MFSW as it was gonna take too long lol, i got a 3spoke b7 s-line with airbag for £80, so im just gonna go for DIS and Cruise, so im now on the hunt for a new module and cruise and DIS stalks, but reason for bringing this up is i have a new slipring, was advertised as being from a MFSW setup, but wanted to run the part number past you guys just in case....

4E0953541A