Uber mpg, what you getting ?

Andi25th

Reaction score
I got this this morning on the way to work. A personnal best. My daily comute is 13miles each way.

IMAG0322.jpg

It's a 1.8t 150hp. My over all average is 35.8mpg and going up since I renewed the pcv system.

What you getting ?

I hit 40mpg on a motorway trip in the 2.5tdi the other day. Was quite happy to see that.

Its gradually increased since I purchased it due to carrying out abit of maintenance engine-wise.

49 mpg out of a 1.8t ????? in an A4 ??? never in a month of Sundays is that accurate unless you rolled downhill all the way.... 1.8t will give 35 to 40 at the very best and thats motorway cruise in a lightweight 2 wheel drive A3

49 mpg out of a 1.8t ????? in an A4 ??? never in a month of Sundays is that accurate unless you rolled downhill all the way.... 1.8t will give 35 to 40 at the very best and thats motorway cruise in a lightweight 2 wheel drive A3

I agree, I struggle to get that on my 1.9TDI 130 but back to the topic I managed to get 52MPG over 300 miles which has been my personal best I wasn't hanging about either :D

Ive been busted.

Ok the comute to work is pretty much down hill and i usually cruise at 50-55 mph. The drive home i see aprox 35mpg driving conservativly.

I do how ever see spot on 500 miles to a tank full.

Using a MPG caculator my real-world MPG average is 33.34, covering 500 miles using 15.00 gallons of fuel.

i don't take any notice, if i wanted mpg i'd buy a polo bluemotion! :)

Reactions: Inertiauk
In the A4 2.5 TDI Quattro - Round trip of 700 miles - 46mpg
To Le mans and back last year - 43mpg

Audi A6 130tdi - Trip to London, essex and rush hour on the M25 - 52mpg.

24mpg measured on DIS and paper calls....that's an average over the last 18 months... The V6 is kinda thirsty lol

Here's my best... 20miles, 55-60mph all the way, one short uphill stretch and one moderate/long downhill bit. Rest is dual carriageway. Dullest drive of my life. Oh and it's a 1.9 quattro Saloon.

a7a5f8b4.jpg

Cool 1.9tdi Quattro
full tank drive to London M4 80 mph
160 miles
stopped filled up and put 17 litres in
what do u think. Car read 44 mpg

Here's my best... 20miles, 55-60mph all the way, one short uphill stretch and one moderate/long downhill bit. Rest is dual carriageway. Dullest drive of my life. Oh and it's a 1.9 quattro Saloon.

a7a5f8b4.jpg

How close are our millages in the photos lol

I work mind out at every tank fill do an average of 44 last tank was 49 which had about 180 miles motorway the rest stop start traffic

1.9 tdi 100bhp by the way

have any of you guys adjusted your mpg consumption with VCDS so it reads just about spot on ?

I have! the other month I installed cruise and trip on my car and the DIS was well out was showing average of 44 but when filled up it was 49 so have adjusted it and will check it next time I fill up

as above to adjust

on mine though i had to go the other way and its actually at 85 now!

I've got a Fuelly account as shown in my sig, click on it for accurate MPG readings for each fill up, best was 49mpg on the autobahn between Holland/Germany/Poland.

It's actually a really good tool for comparing other cars like-for-like and as MPG threads crop up all the time, it would be great if some more forum members could log theirs on that website so we can get some good comparisons :)

im not on fuelly but ill have to set up and have ago sometime....your 130 is very much around the same mpg as mine tbh i just google fuel calculators and put in my info from one fill up to the next but i probably see more of the mid 40's to higher 40's with my type of driving.... fair bit of dual carriageway then the mrs tats around which then knocks it back down again

It's actually a really good tool for comparing other cars like-for-like and as MPG threads crop up all the time, it would be great if some more forum members could log theirs on that website so we can get some good comparisons :)

+ 1, it is a good site. I wonder if it's possible to set up an ASN group or something?

i use an app on my android phone called gas record you have to fettle with the settings as its set for the us but it works just the same as fuelly to be fair i think i can export the data to csv file too

Average over the last 19000 miles is 37.93mpg. to be fair I only ever drive long journeys on clear motorways around 70mph.

004.png

Last edited:
Best I've ever got mine to do was 29.5, steady run 200 miles down the a1