Insurance Renewal - The Robbers!

p3t3rl3v3r3tt

Reaction score
Just had my renewal quote from Elephant for the S4Cab - £100 up from last year, 5 years no claims, married, clean licence for 20 yrs, professional etc etc - had to pay "extra" for "modifications" last year on new car such as full leather, met paint, bose, comfort pack, that really pis**d me off for starters but this has sent me spinning, any decent alternatives out there?

I'm with direct line for both of our Audi's and they seem the cheapest compared to Elephant, Admiral, Tesco, Sainsbury and Esure. Me 35 no points no claims, partner 40 no points 1 claim.

Although I renewed mine yesterday and I got a cheaper price on-line by £65.00. Phoned them up and they did the renewal for the on-line price. Good job I did or **** Turpin would spring to mind!

Try Liverpool Victoria, they are cheap but there customer service is excellent, they are so helpful and there policy is good. The quote me £498 for my 2003 1.9TDi sport with protect no claims and full class a business use and doing 22k per year.

Mine went up as well - have been with Tesco for the last 3-4 years. 8 Years no claims etc. Phoned up for a discount, wouldn't give one, went online, and it was £50 cheaper.

In the end went with Norwich Union - they were £100 cheaper than Tesco! and includes full european cover (which is good - because just about to leave for a quick drive down to Croatia, and then backup to Switzerland!)

Try Adrian Flux
I have 4 points / 5yrs NCB / 31yo / Audi A4 2.5TDI quattro sport value 20k= premium £500 ish, no-one could touch them on price.

HTH

[ QUOTE ]
had to pay "extra" for "modifications" last year on new car such as full leather, met paint, bose, comfort pack, that really pis**d me off for starters but this has sent me spinning, any decent alternatives out there?

[/ QUOTE ]

Now that's interesting. When I bought the car last year and got my 'top up' quote from Admiral they said it didn't matter about any factory extras as the quote was only based on the basic price. Now I've got over 2k of extras on my car , so you can imagine I wasn't impressed.
Thery reallly do make it up as they go along , I'm sure. Feckers. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

I'm with E-Sure now . Did it all on line and saved £180!! £349 fully comp /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Me 34 Mrs 35 Both been good for a while /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I am sure insurance companies just make it up whilst on the phone. When I swapped the S-Line over for the Cab a few months ago I forgot about insurance until the day before, so phoned tesco up and they quoted me a jump from £350 for a modified (185bhp) S-line TDI A3 to £880 for the 3.0 cab (I am 31 with 3 points and over 10 years NCB).
As I was collecting the cab the next morning I said OK knowing that i was only 2 days into a new policy so when I found cheaper I would just cancel. I wnet on autotrader and did a policy search, and the best was £460.
I called Tesco and asked to talk with their underwriters, I said that I had used them for 3 years and had been happy, but why were they charging £880 when I could get the same policy elsewhere for £460?
His repsonse? "We will drop it to £450 for you."

Just like that they dropped the premium by £430!

£398.00 from more than for 2.5 quattro sport on line

Always renew with Elephant, but never pay their renewal price just go onto the web and get a new quote usually £100 cheaper that I would renew at, just phone them and advise you are taking your business elsewhere, they will back down - happens every year with both my car and the wife's.

Thanks to all. This lot will keep me busy tonight then! Esure refused to quote for the S4 tho.

£483 for an S4 cab!!

Could I ask what class of use that is for and how many miles per year you tell them you would do.

Thanks

Norwich Union is the one to go with, knock £100 off quote from Elephant.

[ QUOTE ]
Norwich Union online £483 ! Sourced via Autotraders insurance search engine. Cheers

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair play to you, just used the same search engine for 2004 S4 saloon and quotes are between £926 and £1925 for me (32, 6+ years protected NCD, clean licence and no accidents in last three years), and the cheapest is still £100 more than what I pay with Sainsbury's at the moment. Robbing T/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gifrs!!