Noisy Wipers!

palfy86

Reaction score
Im now declaring today as my national "niggle moaning day" lol

ever since ive had my car the wipers have been extremley noisy when changing direction. Ive done several wiper mods but always had the annoying thud at the end of the wiper sweep.

Ive changed wiper arms, linkage, wiper blades and even retro fitted to aero blades and the noise has always been present but today enough is enough.

Anyone had same problem and found a solution?

Thanks in advance.

yes and the best solution so far is turn the stereo up lol

hahaha thanks stu, gotta admit i have resulted in doing so also cuts out the nagging from the "missus" seat too lol

Tony before I did the aero blade "upgrade" I got genuine blades from tps. Now im running bosch aeros mate.

Bosch aero A16S is the worst set fo wipers I've ever had the miss fortune of owning.
Genuine aeros FTW!

This annoying thud you get at the end of the wiper sweep, do you mean when the wipers are coming to a stop at the bottom of the screen? and are they just noisy in general when sweeping up and down? Ive always found genuine blades to be the best, Im just wondering if your linkage to the wiper motor requires a little adjustment?

mine did the same but mine improved massively after changing the wipe blades for Bosch ones. After a couple of months the "thud" was back.

I hate the A4 B6 wiper system, I did on my last B6 (3.0 QS) and I do on my current S4.
I think its a combination of the the big clumsy heavy arms and the crap linkage design, I have fresh genuine Bosch blades on my car, and the blades sweep across the glass very smooth and quiete, but as described above, its the clunk at both ends of the wipe that doesn't fit in with the refinement of the rest of the car.

I know B5's never had this problem, and B6 none aero and B6 aero both do, I've no idea if its gone on B7's or not.

My aeros are fine but those on our Bora slap the r/h edge of the screen.I assume its a funtion of the spindle alignment with the arm but never bothered to check cos the arm is jammed on .Can you buy a tool to pull them off?