EM TuningMonster Motorsport
    3rd Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Greeny233 On Twitter

Help! EGR delete kit.

Hi all.

This morning I fitted an Allard egr delete kit on my 1.9tdi Quattro avant. The kit fitted ok except the samco turbo hose didn't fit so I had to remove the metal sleeve from the standard hose and use that, but anyway, started the car after fitting and it was all fine and ran well went for a drive and the car felt a bit more responsive but the engine management light has come on and it's a little rough at tick over. Just wondering if I need to blank off the two hoses I have removed from the egr? (instructions said to just leave them to atmosphere).
    Chris "the machine" Green.
    2004 Audi A4 1.9tdi Sport Quattro Avant

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    What year car is it? Some are in with the ecu and removing brings on the EML it sounds like yours is like this

Not sure if there is a way round it to be honest

I know a lot of people reduce the amount of exhaust gases her recirculated through VCDS

3rd Gear

Status

My Social Networking

It's a 2004 year.

5th Gear

Status
    ah yes I see it in your sig now im on my pc!

i think it was after 2002 they started to put it in with the ecu which causes the EML light to come on

have a read here EGR blanked off now got EML on.

Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

Status
    you will need it writeing out of the ECU
    any good remapper should sort it for you

3rd Gear

Status

My Social Networking

thanks. Thinking of having it remapped anyway so when I have it done I'll see if they can write it out.

3rd Gear

Status
    You'll probably find that the EML will go off after a few driving cycles, but will come on again after a few more cycles, & so on. After a couple of months I got fed up with the EML constantly going on & off.
    If you ever get down to S Wales there's a guy called Chris Hughes at Total Tuning who can write it out, & charges £50.
    A4 Avant B6 1.9 TDI 130 Sport (6) Moro Pearl Blue, GMBH S Line Kit, Decat pipe, 165bhp remap, EGR delete, Dunlop SP Max, Full Leather, Cruise Control, Full DIS, Bose, Audi phone prep, Cooled Glove Box, Rear privacy glass, Rear parking assist.
    2003 Seat Ibiza 1.2 TSI FR in Lima green.

1st Gear

Status
    I fitted an allard delete kit last week to my 1.9 tdi first i cut the original hose too short so i had to bin that so was without a car for 2 days. And the blue silicone hose i ordered off fleabay was 57 to 51mm 90 degree bend and was £11.30 incl p&p no light and car feels loads better.

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by tommytonguedj View Post
    I fitted an allard delete kit last week to my 1.9 tdi first i cut the original hose too short so i had to bin that so was without a car for 2 days. And the blue silicone hose i ordered off fleabay was 57 to 51mm 90 degree bend and was £11.30 incl p&p no light and car feels loads better.
    Any chance you can post a link to the hose you bought? i did my allard job a while ago and have had the hose blow off once, so have been meaning to replace with a slightly longer one,
    Cheers,
    Matt
    A4 AVANT 1.9TDI 130 SPORT:
    18" RS6'S//TWIN EXHAUST//ALLARD EGR DELETE//AERO WIPERS//B7 KEYS & ENGINE COVERS//BLACK OPTICS //FRONT & REAR S-LINE BUMPERS//TAILGATE SPOILER//S4 HEADLIGHTS,GRILLS & DOOR BLADES//RS4 RARB & PEDALS//FRONT,REAR & FOOTWELL AMBIENT LIGHTING//PUDDLE LIGHTS//FAN JETS//MEDIA SYSTEM//T.V//7" HEADREST MONITORS//REAR BLINDS//REVERSE CAMERA// CRUISE & DIS

1st Gear

Status
    Hi Matt, Sorry it was £13.30 the first one i ordered was £11.30 after the wifes measuring skills, Here it is mate not too bad for the price just need to figure out now haw to change all my hoses to silicone now the vacuum and that is blue. eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace
    Last edited by tommytonguedj; 3rd June 2012 at 14:04.

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by tommytonguedj View Post
    Hi Matt, Sorry it was £13.30 the first one i ordered was £11.30 after the wifes measuring skills, Here it is mate not too bad for the price just need to figure out now haw to change all my hoses to silicone now the vacuum and that is blue. eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace
    Thanks very much for that, I'll order one of those.
    Matt
    18" RS6'S//TWIN EXHAUST//ALLARD EGR DELETE//AERO WIPERS//B7 KEYS & ENGINE COVERS//BLACK OPTICS //FRONT & REAR S-LINE BUMPERS//TAILGATE SPOILER//S4 HEADLIGHTS,GRILLS & DOOR BLADES//RS4 RARB & PEDALS//FRONT,REAR & FOOTWELL AMBIENT LIGHTING//PUDDLE LIGHTS//FAN JETS//MEDIA SYSTEM//T.V//7" HEADREST MONITORS//REAR BLINDS//REVERSE CAMERA// CRUISE & DIS

1st Gear

Status
    Ye not bad for price, heres the link for the website they produce some pretty good stuff, they also do custom work etc Silicone Hoses - AutoSiliconeHoses.com ® - Buy Silicon Hoses Direct or Call 0844 8000 669

5th Gear

Status
    To the original post.... are those 2 pipes not vacuum pipes ???? if so then they need to be blocked off otherwise as it will be sucking in air and that's probably whats causing the rough idle
    1999 A3 Quattro 1.8T Pics >>HERE
    2002 A4 Avant quattro 1.9 TDi

3rd Gear

Status
    Yeah agreed. Can't see how you could still have vacuum with those 2 pipes left unplugged.
    A4 Avant B6 1.9 TDI 130 Sport (6) Moro Pearl Blue, GMBH S Line Kit, Decat pipe, 165bhp remap, EGR delete, Dunlop SP Max, Full Leather, Cruise Control, Full DIS, Bose, Audi phone prep, Cooled Glove Box, Rear privacy glass, Rear parking assist.
    2003 Seat Ibiza 1.2 TSI FR in Lima green.

3rd Gear

Status

My Social Networking

the instructions say to leave the pipes to atmosphere, i was going to plug them up but after a couple of drives the idle is now fine and the car pulls a lot better, there is a noticeable difference in perfomance especially at the bottom end.
    For now i'll live with the EML being on until i can get it remapped.

2nd Gear

Status
    I plugged mine with a golf tee. Think i heard from a few people that this is what you have to do
    A4 1.9TDI Sport - 130 (B6) / Mods: None yet, just getting the basic right first

1st Gear

Status
    i just put screws in both of mine, Strange though how it's hit and miss with eml light, I took my intake manifold off when i was doing mine and cleaned it over a weekend. Also b looks so much better with the big daft egr gone.

1st Gear

Status
    mines a 04 reg too, i blanked the egr off, felt nice to drive but, same as you the light come on, got fed up seeing it so i too my blank out again.
    Ross, MK4 Golf - R19 DUB, B6 Avant - R19 RRW

3rd Gear

Status

My Social Networking

well today i plugged up the two vacuum hoses and it hasn't made any difference to the running. Tomorrow i'm going to take it to my friends garage and borrow his diagnostic computer and reset the fault codes and see what happens.
    Also today bought a samco 51mm to 57mm 90 degree elbow and a couple of mikalor clamps, more for the aesthetics than anything.

5th Gear

Status
    Where did you get your pipe and clamps?
    Cheers
    matt

3rd Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Matt - I got the pipe and clamps from my old work place Demon Tweeks they carry the Samco elbow's in stock. Not the cheapest but it was only £26 all in.