New guy, New car...

blyths24

Reaction score
Hello y'all

Im a newish member and have just bought my first Audi and I am im loooooove :)

Bought the 1.8t (190) model (I believe it has the Vortex body kit???? not sure), and I love it, so so much.

As you can see I have already fitted roof bars and a Thule 591 bike carrier ready for the Lakes District this bank holiday.

A few small problems with it at first, rear driver side door wont open, and the boot head ups display says its open sometimes when it isnt, so need to just have a play with the boot catch.

Other than those two... perfect.

Not sure what mods I want to do first, maybe 18inch RS6 wheels, tint windows, new Milltek exhaust.... who knows, need a think.

Excuse the quality of the photos, taken on iPhone.

IMG_2819.jpg

IMG_2818.jpg

IMG_2816.jpg

IMG_2815.jpg

IMG_2814.jpg

Looks good mate - yeah that's the votex kit.

In regards to the door is it not unlocking or not opening?

Very nice, same body kit as mine its the Votex body kit. Normally stuck on from factory. Ive got the RS6's on mine too, a very nice alloys!! Changes the car.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah ha I thought it was, but wasn't 100% sure, that chap I bought it off hadnt even heard of a Vortex kit, made me sound like an Audi Pro ;)

I cannot hear it locking/unlocking and won't open from inside or out, someone mentioned a door card? And visiting a auto sparky?

I think the wheels will be the first thing I replace, all the cars I've seen in here look so nice with the bigger RS6 style.

Thanks

Quite likely to be the connector box on the pillar that the door loom connects into or a broken cable in the loom which i would think is less likely on the back as the drivers door is normally first to go due to more frequent use. If you scan using VCDS it will tell you if comms have been lost.

Very nice indeed.

I just bought those roof bars and having right grief off the seller on ebay, the rubber strips that suppose to fit in the aluminium grooves just fall out! Are yours ok? Do they hold in ok?

Very nice indeed.

I just bought those roof bars and having right grief off the seller on ebay, the rubber strips that suppose to fit in the aluminium grooves just fall out! Are yours ok? Do they hold in ok?

Hello,

At the moment yeah they are pretty solid, no problems yet, put my bike on and went for a test drive, seemed ok. Im off for a 6 hour drive to the lakes with my bike this monday, so I guess I will have some solid feedback for you after that!

Good luck with that seller pal!

Quite likely to be the connector box on the pillar that the door loom connects into or a broken cable in the loom which i would think is less likely on the back as the drivers door is normally first to go due to more frequent use. If you scan using VCDS it will tell you if comms have been lost.

Thanks for the advice, my cousin is a VW mech, so I will ask him about this scan.