firming up the ride on Avant Quattro

munchkincoupe

Reaction score
I've got a low mileage A4 avant quattro sport 1.9tdi - I want less roll when cornering but am fairly happy with the ride height of the car

What's the best way to achieve this please?

Springs? swaybar?

Fitting somw A6 quattro wheels soon so that may help too

Thanks

Rs4 rear anti-roll bar is the cheapest and the popular way of acheiving this. I have done this and you will be able to spot the difference after this has been done.

RARB (rear sway bar) is highly recommened... makes the car understeer a bit less and will keep it nice and flat through corners...

I would start by fitting Eibach Pro springs- only 10-15mm lower than stock sport suspension but in another league handling wise. Also as above, the rs4 antiroll bar is a cheap and worthy mod which balances the car big time !

M8
i have some Eibach pro springs i dont need ...make me an offer ......4 months olds and been on my car for 2

also have a set of Tein S tec lowering springs too ....

I would recommend Eibach too - same ride quality too, which is rare

M8
i have some Eibach pro springs i dont need ...make me an offer ......4 months olds and been on my car for 2

also have a set of Tein S tec lowering springs too ....

pm sent - interested if they are for the 1.9tdi quattro avant

Thanks for the replies - will look into the springs

so just the RS4 sway bar is needed - recommend any suppliers please?

from gsf you looking around £150 all in bar, drop links, new bolts new brackets this is for everything brand new sure james put the part numbers and prices are in the stickys

I'm pretty siure the parts are closer to £120, even from the dealers: I got mine from PJMspeedy (who has now retired from supplying us with toys) for about £80, but that was a few years ago... he tended to be between 10-25% cheaper than dealers and free postage.

Do the RARB first and then decide on springs... I think the RARB will give you what you're after and the springs change is a completely different piece of work to fit, so there's no savings to be made in doign them together...

Reactions: munchkincoupe
Got my last rs4 ARB from Totteridge audi in N. London and i'm pretty sure the parts were under 100 quid. I do have trade discount but the ARB is about 65 quid and the bushes are a under a tenner each. They might suggest the metal brackets are needed- that is not the case as the old ones can be re-used. As mentioned, springs and shocks will get rid of the willowy ride and the rs4 arb will take care of the oversteer by making the car more neutral. No ARB will feel better than good quality matched springs and shocks it's just a band-aid for a poorly balanced setup ! You have a heavy engine in front of the front axle- it's physics, it will pull you out from the roundabout.