Guide to adjusting coilovers.

Jine

Crippled n Crazy
Reaction score
Hi people with coilies, Can you PLEASE help me? I am slowly losing my rag with my coilovers! :banghead:

I cannot for the life of me get the thing sitting the way i want it to. Does anyone have a definitive guide to adjusting coilovers?? Like where I should be taking measurements from etc??. I have had several conflicting opinions from friends, 1) measure from arch to top of wheel rim. 2) measure from arch to hub. 3) from arch to ground. 4) from bottom of bumper to ground. 5) count the threads left and equal on opposite side.

Each corner will be weighted differently so I think we can safely rule out #5. (thanks any Wes)

The rears I am having exceptional trouble with! The passenger side is wound right down and nowhere near as low as the drivers side which is the perfect low i want. So cant see how I'm going to get around this situation?

Being a perfectionist I wont be able to sleep knowing that this is a mess and needs sorting.

Please feel free to help if you can and become :superman: Maybe we could get a sticky with a definitive write up on how to do the adjustments correctly??

Thanks again friends of ASN

What brand are they? It could be that the springs are either different poundage or length!?

I have weitec hicon gt fitted by Awesome gti over a year ago now. When I enquired about them they wanted the reg of car to obtain axle weights for the correct kit.

5) count the threads left and equal on opposite side.

Each corner will be weighted differently so I think we can safely rule out #5. (thanks any Wes)

The rears I am having exceptional trouble with! The passenger side is wound right down and nowhere near as low as the drivers side which is the perfect low i want. So cant see how I'm going to get around this situation?

Ive always used the 5th option method. The car should not sit squint if there coilovers are set to equal heights.

What coilovers have you got?

Its usually just a case of trial and error. I don't think there's a right or wrong for where you measure, as long as you consistently use the same method of measuring so you can compare like for like as you adjust them.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

Thank you guys.

I have tried method #5 and each corner sits higher than the opposite corner. Should the front and back have the same amount of thread on each side or does the weight for each corner matter??

Try from the underside of the suspension strut/top mount down to the top adjuster seat.