Fitting RNS-E Sat Nav

Hawesy

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Just received my RNS-E Sat Nav, looking to fit it tonight if possible. Have rung my local Audi dealer but they said they haven't got any tools in stock to get the original stereo out and it will take 3 days to get them in. Do I need these removal keys to get it out? Or can I use the old coat hanger trick?

Thanks in advance.

Did you get the plain metal ones or the ones with plastic coated handles?

The RNS-E can be a very tight fit sometimes, and the plain metal ones can cut into your fingers if you're not careful.

I've found you can do it with 2.
Do one side then they'll wriggle loose. Then pull out the other side.

Hi guys,

Got another set of keys from halfords, had an absolute nightmare with them and took em straight back.

Ended up cutting my hand, and scratching the original unit. Going to wait until the Audi keys come and do it that way. Hate being patient lol but don't want to force it out!

Thanks all for the advice

My advice would also be protect the console sides with tape or thin plastic before removing either the radio or the climate unit....the plastic marks very easily !

Hi mate looking at getting this done myself as replacement for the current symphony set-up with the 6CD built in. What other bits and pieces did you need and did you have to connect another CD changer too?

Have you coded it yet so every thing works

No mate, haven`t actually gone about doing anything yet as want to see whether the cost/time/effort would be worth it? Currently have one of those cassette adaptor things using it with my iphone doing the job at the mo for the music :yes: