EM TuningChris Nott
    Neutral

Status

Where are the motors/actuators for centre and drive side air vents?

Hi all,

Basically my centre and driver side air vents don't always blow cold air, and I've got these two codes from VAGCOM.

00601 - Potentiometer On Positioning Motor for Central Flap (G112)
    30-10 - Open or Short to Plus - Intermittent
    01842 - Potentiometer/Actuator for Temperature Flap; Right (G221)
    30-10 - Open or Short to Plus - Intermittent

So I would like to attempt to re-lubricate them and if they still don't work then replace them.

Now I know that the demister and passenger side actuators are in between the glove box and the centre console, but the centre and driver side actuators are not there. So does anyone know where they are please?

Many thanks.

2. # ADS
    ADS

3rd Gear

Status
    The centre vent motor is behind the glovebox, if I remember correctly there are 3 motors, 1 is demist (green levers) 1 is passenger side (red possibly) and the third is centre vents, doesn't have any levers, just operates a large black disc...

The drivers side is on the other side, you need to remove the drivers side lower fascia panel and it is tucked up against the heater matrix box with yellow levers, I have had to change mine and it is an absolute b*!tch and a half to replace......
    03MY 52 reg 1.9 TDi 130PS Quattro Sport Avant - 170bhp remap, RNS-E+OEM bluetooth, B7 wiper arms/blades, 4300K HID+nightbreakers/LED sidelights, rear tints, new lights all round, new front/rear screens, frt armrest, s-line kit, cruise/DIS, B7 gearknob/aluminium trims, parking sensors, black grilles, RS4 RARB, S4 front end, black 18" RS6 alloys

Still waiting..... S4 rear bumper, exhaust tips, coilovers, leather recaro's.... phew...

Neutral

Status
    Exactly the info I need! Thanks a lot!

On the other hand, hearing that it is a ***** to replace........

5th Gear

Status
    my red one failed on my passat, i got a new one off ebay and it fixed the fault.....

but i opened up the old one and looked how it works and its non servicable, the tracks on the location sence pot wear out, if your going to go to the effort of getting access to them then just change for replacement
    VCDS in North Wales
    2007 A6 3.0TDi S-Line Le Mans Avant , adaptive xenon lights, sunroof, privacy glass, towbar, led rears & randomly rear seat airbags
    1999 Honda S2000 , mcb low milage jap import, fully bushed, mugen exhaust <<< for sale! <<<
    2001 Passat TDi 130 Sport < sold!! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/Ste_Nova/Passat/PB140007s.jpg