Where are the motors/actuators for centre and drive side air vents?

wywywywy

Reaction score
Hi all,

Basically my centre and driver side air vents don't always blow cold air, and I've got these two codes from VAGCOM.

00601 - Potentiometer On Positioning Motor for Central Flap (G112)
30-10 - Open or Short to Plus - Intermittent
01842 - Potentiometer/Actuator for Temperature Flap; Right (G221)
30-10 - Open or Short to Plus - Intermittent

So I would like to attempt to re-lubricate them and if they still don't work then replace them.

Now I know that the demister and passenger side actuators are in between the glove box and the centre console, but the centre and driver side actuators are not there. So does anyone know where they are please?

Many thanks.

The centre vent motor is behind the glovebox, if I remember correctly there are 3 motors, 1 is demist (green levers) 1 is passenger side (red possibly) and the third is centre vents, doesn't have any levers, just operates a large black disc...

The drivers side is on the other side, you need to remove the drivers side lower fascia panel and it is tucked up against the heater matrix box with yellow levers, I have had to change mine and it is an absolute b*!tch and a half to replace......

Exactly the info I need! Thanks a lot!

On the other hand, hearing that it is a ***** to replace........

my red one failed on my passat, i got a new one off ebay and it fixed the fault.....

but i opened up the old one and looked how it works and its non servicable, the tracks on the location sence pot wear out, if your going to go to the effort of getting access to them then just change for replacement