another little job ticked off the list

Greeny233

It's all about the V8.
Reaction score
here is a few pics of the carbon effect film i have managed to apply this evening to the dash and door trim strips. The trim was pretty easy to remove and i think it has come out extremely well and i'm liking the finished outcome.
Struggled with the trim around the light switch though (couldn't remove the last bolt) so had to do it in situ, does anyone know how to get the headlight switch out so i can redo it?

IMG_0460.jpg

IMG_0463.jpg

IMG_0459.jpg

IMG_0457.jpg

IMG_0462.jpg

AP coilovers being fitted on Monday, can't wait!

looks really good mate, I've thought about doing this myself as my trims have a few marks and new ones are a fortune. The only thing that puts me off doing it is how to get a decent finish around the quattro badge and around the detail bit on the ash tray. It always looks good in pics but imagine would be able to tell its a wrap in the flesh just on these 2 places?

Ryan

Ryan - the bit around the quattro badge is easy, the badge pops out with a little push from the back, then once the film was applied I just put a slit across the middle of the recess and then pushed the badge back in, it looks really neat and tidy. The ash tray trim is a little more tricky but you just need a steady hand, I put the film over the whole ashtray then carefully put a slit right over the detail bit and then just pushed the film down over the detail strip.
As long as you take your time and use a hair dryer it is possible to get pretty much a flawless finish.
Go on, give it a go you might be suprised.

may well just give this a go then!

Where did you buy your film from?

i did this to my car a couple of years ago its still looking good but i would like a change now realy fancy the piano black trims does anyone want a straight swop

Looking good.

Push he switch in and turn clockwise to remove.

looks sweet that mate, remember when i mentioned using carbon film a few months ago and got ripped to peices ?????
maybe people just dont like me ??????
LOL

Ryan - got the film from eBay carbonprintuk is the shop name, it's available in various lengths and widths. I bought the 1.5m x 3.0m roll for £69.99.

PhilW - cheers i'll give that a go.

Paul26982 - i did all the dash and door trims in about an hour and a half.