B6 Avant 1.9tdi Quattro - 312 brakes

munchkincoupe

Reaction score
I upgraded the brakes on my A3 with the 312 carriers/discs and was more than happy with them

I now have a 1.9tdi Quattro Avant B6 - is it just the same upgrade of fitting 312 carriers from the 2.5 / 3.0 to my current calipers and then fit the 312 discs?

Thanks

That should be it, once I fitted Carriers from a 3.0 I put on 312mm discs & pads...that's it.

Would the pads just be the same size though as the actual caliper is unchanged?

I think they are the same size as the 288mm pads - but if you are changing discs I would put new pads on.

Any part numbers for the carriers?

Sounds like an upgrade to me next time i change discs and pads. :)

part code is: 4B0615125C

312mmAudiA4CaliperCarrier.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: PhilW
I always thought quattro models came with 312mm front brakes already?

Sorry to jump in. So, if I want to upgrade to 312s, I don't need to change the caliper? Just the carriers (and discs, obviously)?

I've got a 2004 1.9TDI 2wd

hi all my car is an a4 1.9tdi sport on an 04 i did this upgrade when i first bought the car all you need is the larger carrier bracket you keep the same calipers and pads . makes a massive difference

I always thought quattro models came with 312mm front brakes already?

No,they dont;mine was 288m.Actually depends which engine you have,like 1,8t 190bhp ,2,5tdi 180bhp , 3,0.

For 312mm setup,u need the cariers and discs,calipers and pads are the same.

if your using A3 callipers then youll need to botch the brake lines (plastic piping and cable tie it to the strut, ill be changing the calipers to the 3.0l v6 tdi ones along with the lines discs are the same, but check that the pads have 2 pad low warning sensors