Sky InsuranceChris Nott
    Neutral

Status

new member, new car . 1.9tdi avant auto

Just picked up my new car and very happy. 90k, full service history with all the right bits in all the right places. It's a 1.9tdi 130 sport se with the multitronic auto. I know there are mixed reports on the autos but thought I'd take a chance as its been well looked after by all accounts.

Pics,

2. # ADS
    ADS

Status

My Social Networking

Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook
    Welcome

It's a Sport, not an SE, you can't have both!

It's worth checking whether your car has had the 7 plate clutch fitted.
    Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Looks like a nice car I have the same but in Dolphin Grey with the 5 spoke wheels. Its been a good car over the 3 years I have owned it with only one problem with the gearbox.

I would check that the Automatic Transmission Fluid has been changed it needs to be done every 40,000 miles, if you get PRNDS flashing on the DIS get rid, this happened on mine the gearbox ECU had failed with less than 40,000 miles, it was an expensive fix £1200 and Audi customer service didn't want to know as I didn't have full dealership service history. It starts as an intermittent fault.

Apart from that I hope you enjoy the car.

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by quattrojames View Post
    Welcome

It's a Sport, not an SE, you can't have both!

It's worth checking whether your car has had the 7 plate clutch fitted.
    Fair dues, then I assume sport going by the log book. Insurance co insisted it was an se as well hence my confusion.

I shall indeed, other than making a thousand phone calls..is there an easy way to check on the clutch?

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Family Wagon View Post
    I would check that the Automatic Transmission Fluid has been changed it needs to be done every 40,000 miles, if you get PRNDS flashing on the DIS get rid, this happened on mine the gearbox ECU had failed with less than 40,000 miles, it was an expensive fix £1200 and Audi customer service didn't want to know as I didn't have full dealership service history. It starts as an intermittent fault.

Ooooooohhhh...now u have me worried :-/ . Something I shall look out for. Does this flash up all the time or just randomly as driving?

Looking at the service hist it was actually just done, 84k, although I will be calling the garage to confirm as that's really my only concern with this car.

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Family Wagon View Post

Ooooooohhhh...now u have me worried :-/ . Something I shall look out for. Does this flash up all the time or just randomly as driving?

Looking at the service hist it was actually just done, 84k, although I will be calling the garage to confirm as that's really my only concern with this car.

Bro.Paul 2.5TDI Quattro Sport

Status
    Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    nice ride, welcome

Neutral

Status
    Thanks, am very happy with it. So much so I have to keep checking ite still there out the window. I'm just going to keep my fingers crossed with the multitronic box.

It's going to be left as is as want a reliable daily runner with the mileage to boot . It's buts gonna be rehashed though I think

Reverse Gear

Status
    If the gearbox ECU develops a fault PRNDS will flash intermittenly on DIS. I lost reverse gear a couple of times, which was a bit embarassing have to push it out of a parking space.

You will probably be OK as its not a common fault according to Audi. Other than that it is one of the best cars I have own.

5th Gear

Status
    nice sport avant m8 looking sweet !!!!
    A4 TDI 130 SPORT..
    now sold but still in the family, gone back in time to the cupra R again..