Audi A4 1.9 TDI - Remap - Revo or Shark?

amz

Reaction score
Hi all,

I want to get a remap done very soon to my Audi A4 B6 1.9 TDI. I have been reading up on forums about remaps and many people are suggesting are 'REVO' and 'SHARK'!

'REVO' is getting mixed response where as 'SHARK' seems to be getting positive response only.

'REVO' remap apparently is too aggressive where it makes the wheels spin even on the 3rd gear. 'SHARK' remap apparently is quite the contrary where it balanced through out.

Has anyone used either of the companies?

What would you recommend and why?

Thanks in advance :)

Revo main players in the game.. if your wheels spin in 3rd your running some decent power........ a 1.9tdi with a stage1 revo map shouldnt be doing this?

What is the price for a 'REVO' remap and 'SHARK' remap?

3rd gear wheelspins i best get a revo map then m8...... ive got awesome custom map and brought the power off low down revs as the DMF chatters badly if they are pushed to much but now its a bit tame low revs and kicks in hard around 2000rpm this is my prefered choice of set up and works very well for me.... my brother got 2ltr 140 mapped by custom code software and thats also a very good power delivery... but do go custom remap instead of a generic other wise you may see flywheel juddering also

Haha, imagine you are trying to get up to speed on the third gear but your wheels are spinning on the spot...and you see a Fiesta zoom past you lol.

Do you know if Revo or Shark offer custom remaps?

i'd of thought so m8 twice the price but twice as good imo..... and less chance of ripping the dmf and clutch out like mine did within a few months

I've been told for a stage 1 remap, a custom map is not really required?

Also how important is it to get the rolling road test done?

I'm running stage 2 shark map on my 1.8T 190 now 230bhp and it's perfect loads of power, nice smooth delivery and the guy who own shark performance think his name is Ben really knows his stuff with b6's

Where is Ben based? I want to know how far it is to get from London.

Also how much did you pay to get the remap done?

They are based in Mansfield I got my stage 2 really cheap they were doing them half price have a look at the website I think there might be a shark performance distributor closer to you

They are based in Mansfield I got my stage 2 really cheap they were doing them half price have a look at the website I think there might be a shark performance distributor closer to you

Yes I found out that there is a authorised dealer near me, and I'm definitely convinced to get it done from him. My only concern is I don't get a rolling road test :(

You will get exactly the same file uploaded if you see me in Kent or if you go to see the guys at Shark in Mansfield. I read the ecu and send it to them to modify or me. All it does is save you the travelling.

The rolling road run to get figures is an extra £60.

i take it this a generic map file ??? do you road test and alter the maps if needed......

I can't alter the maps to suit, but if you needed something specific then the guys at shark would alter it and send me the file. I am effectively an extra pair of hands for them.

The stage 1 file caters for most people and vehicles. Further tweaks such as decays, induction kits and hpfps need revisions to the maps and ideally need to be set up on a rolling roads.

I carry out a road test before and after each remap.

Don't get too tied up with custom and generic maps as most people get confused and mislead.