Intercooler hose split

cnut

Reaction score
Hi I found out last weekend that the intercooler hose on my 1.9 TDI 130 AVF has split.

The part number is 8E0145834Q which has been apparently superseded by 8E0145834AR according to Audi and it costs nearly £164 quid! Does anyone know where I can source a cheaper alternative?

I'm pretty hacked off as I have only had the car 2 months and the garage won't cover it under warranty.

Cheers

yer thats the one cnut... mine aint split all th way through but dont think itll last long :( not paying audis price though

I think I may have found a much cheaper option. If you look for the part no on VAGCAT with the Passat B5.5 AVF it lists a different part number (3B0145828G) The drawings on the diagrams are identical and there is no reason to suggest that this part would be different as it's the same engine and layout as the A4.

BASIC GERMAN PRICELIST
part number 3B0145828G
Partnumber Title Price
3B0145828G SCHLAUCH 62.3 Euro

That works out at about £60. Who's going to be brave and order one?!

Reactions: dannyjb
haha thanks i may do this... the pipe for mine has been chopped at the bottom to adapt to the front mounted intercooler.. be interesting to see if this is same part eh?

What made you go looking at in in the first place , what were you symptoms ?

i had no symptoms, was just a general check over my car as im going away at the weekend... and just noticed the split in the pipe :/ im going to have something fabricated to fit my front mount better :)

i had no symptoms, was just a general check over my car as im going away at the weekend... and just noticed the split in the pipe :/ im going to have something fabricated to fit my front mount better :)

I had my car up on ramps to get the oil changed and when I took the undertray off I noticed a bit of insulation tape round the hose. I took it off and there was a slight split. I don't think it's causing any symptoms with the car but things like that bug me.

It definitely would. It will have till the end of the month cause I'm skint atm!

i had to change that on my 130 avf passat, the pipe had rubbed though on the fuel cooler valve, from the vw dealer it was £88 retail

to protect it it now has an extra layer of hose and some seatbelt webbing ziptied round it!

I thought I would update this thread as I have finally replaced the split hose. Since I first started looking for the hose, the only option was to replace it with a genuine Audi one at nearly 170 quid (the Passat version won't fit btw). I decided to hold out for over a year and I'm glad I did. A quick search on eBay with the part number produced loads of third party versions. The cheapest I found was one going for £47.90, the seller was also offering a "Make offer" on this as well. So I thought I would chance it and offer him £37.90 instead not thinking he would accept but he did!

I fitted the hose on Saturday (20 min job) and took the car out for a spin. I think my car is now more torquey and less laggy (this would coincide with a boost leak) but that could just be a placebo effect. So in all I am chuffed to bits that a £170 part cost me less than £40. I can provide details of the eBay seller if anyone is interested.

Reactions: DieselJake
I thought I would update this thread as I have finally replaced the split hose. Since I first started looking for the hose, the only option was to replace it with a genuine Audi one at nearly 170 quid (the Passat version won't fit btw). I decided to hold out for over a year and I'm glad I did. A quick search on eBay with the part number produced loads of third party versions. The cheapest I found was one going for £47.90, the seller was also offering a "Make offer" on this as well. So I thought I would chance it and offer him £37.90 instead not thinking he would accept but he did!

I fitted the hose on Saturday (20 min job) and took the car out for a spin. I think my car is now more torquey and less laggy (this would coincide with a boost leak) but that could just be a placebo effect. So in all I am chuffed to bits that a £170 part cost me less than £40. I can provide details of the eBay seller if anyone is interested.
Hi yes please could you let me know ebay number as my mech took photo of my split hose that goes to turbo have seen some on ebay but dont really want to get wrong part as my mech said he cant tell until he takes mine off which as i use my car daily and cant really be without it . Many thanks