Chris NottMonster Motorsport
    3rd Gear

Status

RNS-E will not read new 2012 discs

Hi guys,

I have a retro-fitted RNS-E in my car which is currently running a genuine 2010 Audi disc in it.

I have just bought a new genuine 2012 disc and when inserted I just get a message stating disc unreadable? Any suggestions guys coz these new discs weren't cheap ...... the 2010 disc is working perfectly....
    03MY 52 reg 1.9 TDi 130PS Quattro Sport Avant - 170bhp remap, RNS-E+OEM bluetooth, B7 wiper arms/blades, 4300K HID+nightbreakers/LED sidelights, rear tints, new lights all round, new front/rear screens, frt armrest, s-line kit, cruise/DIS, B7 gearknob/aluminium trims, parking sensors, black grilles, RS4 RARB, S4 front end, black 18" RS6 alloys

Still waiting..... S4 rear bumper, exhaust tips, coilovers, leather recaro's.... phew...

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    Take it back to Audi and get them to try it in another car. It may be a dirty laser in your unit, and if the discs are a different type to your 2010 copy, that may be enough to hinder performance.
    2012 RNSe Navigation Discs with unit software update. PM me.

Suzuki GSX-R 750 K5

A4 S-Line. Mods so far; Cruise, DIS, Mk2 RNS-e, Audi 6 CD changer, XcarLink with self manufactured permanent ipod dock, B8 MFSW, Dectane Dayline Headlights with independantly switched DRL's, RS4 Rear ARB, De-badged, RS4 pedals, HIDS, RS4 front grille and RS4 style fog surrounds, LCR splitter in Satin Black, Rear Park Assist, LED gearknob, Red footwell lighting, Kitchen sink and Shower cubicle.

3rd Gear

Status
    Hi Gary,

Didn't buy them from Audi, sourced from e-bay, but genuine discs, unlikely to be dirty laser as I cleaned it last week when my current disc started slowing down when selecting addresses..... now back to normal speedy service....
    03MY 52 reg 1.9 TDi 130PS Quattro Sport Avant - 170bhp remap, RNS-E+OEM bluetooth, B7 wiper arms/blades, 4300K HID+nightbreakers/LED sidelights, rear tints, new lights all round, new front/rear screens, frt armrest, s-line kit, cruise/DIS, B7 gearknob/aluminium trims, parking sensors, black grilles, RS4 RARB, S4 front end, black 18" RS6 alloys

Still waiting..... S4 rear bumper, exhaust tips, coilovers, leather recaro's.... phew...

Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

Status
    send it back for replacement

Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

Status
    link to where you got it

5th Gear

Status
    Hmm, dodgy disc then mate.
    2012 RNSe Navigation Discs with unit software update. PM me.

Suzuki GSX-R 750 K5

A4 S-Line. Mods so far; Cruise, DIS, Mk2 RNS-e, Audi 6 CD changer, XcarLink with self manufactured permanent ipod dock, B8 MFSW, Dectane Dayline Headlights with independantly switched DRL's, RS4 Rear ARB, De-badged, RS4 pedals, HIDS, RS4 front grille and RS4 style fog surrounds, LCR splitter in Satin Black, Rear Park Assist, LED gearknob, Red footwell lighting, Kitchen sink and Shower cubicle.

5th Gear

Status
    can you read it in a pc?
    VCDS in North Wales
    2007 A6 3.0TDi S-Line Le Mans Avant , adaptive xenon lights, sunroof, privacy glass, towbar, led rears & randomly rear seat airbags
    1999 Honda S2000 , mcb low milage jap import, fully bushed, mugen exhaust <<< for sale! <<<
    2001 Passat TDi 130 Sport < sold!! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/Ste_Nova/Passat/PB140007s.jpg

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jbcalvin View Post
    unlikely to be dirty laser as I cleaned it last week when my current disc started slowing down when selecting addresses.
    Could always be your laser getting weak.

Did the person you bought the RNS-E from use copied discs? They place more strain on the laser as they are harder to read than genuine pressed discs.

If you can read the discs OK in a PC then I suggest your laser is getting weak and needs replacing.
    2006 RS4 Avant (Phantom Black), RNS-E (2010 version inc SDS, HW 070, SW 0220) with AMI (250GB hard disk), Bluetooth + iPhone 5

1.9tdi130 Avant FailWheelDrive

Status
    Someone once told me that 'less than legal' navigation data ISO's (for the RNSD anyway, probably same for E) had to be burned onto a specific brand of CD otherwise they wouldn't work. And then I reported them to the police

3rd Gear

Status
    I have just spoken to the seller on e-bay and he breaks cars, the discs were in a vehicle he took in and he has apologised for them not working, refunded the funds and told me not to bother sending them back......

Must say I am very impressed, just need to try and get proper discs now.....

BahnStormer

Status
    not sure if this is going to help you get yours working, but my RNS-E is also a retro-fitted 2007 model (8E0 035 192 K) and definitely reads to 2012 discs fine... there's not much difference, except the petrol stations now have the logos, so I can hunt out my Vpower/Ultimate and avoid the others...
    LostBok/BahnStormer77
    A6 (C7) Avant 3.0TFSI, DSG, rain and light sensor pack, LED headlight pack, MMI touch, SDS high, AMI, 360deg sensors + auto-park, Dunlop SP Winter Sports / Pirelli P Zero's.

3rd Gear

Status
    Hi lostbok,

my current 2010 disc does show the petrol station logos, the reason I was looking for a current disc is for this years trip to Le Mans, there are quite a few new roads built since 2010, and the French have a habit of changing road numbers and classifications fairly regularly, just don't want to get lost.....

3rd Gear

Status
    Just follow the N138, have a great weekend.
    A4 (b6) 2.5 TDi QS Saloon.

3rd Gear

Status
    Hi kite,

Have taken that route a few times now, however this year I am getting the overnight ferry to St Malo, rather than Chunnel to Calais, so N138 would be a hell of a detour!

Can't believe I leave in 27 days! Better get the car stickered up this weekend....

3rd Gear

Status
    Pix when it's done...
    A4 (b6) 2.5 TDi QS Saloon.

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jbcalvin View Post
    I have just spoken to the seller on e-bay and he breaks cars, the discs were in a vehicle he took in and he has apologised for them not working, refunded the funds and told me not to bother sending them back......

Must say I am very impressed, just need to try and get proper discs now.....
    have you tried it in a pc yet? if it will read try making a copy
    VCDS in North Wales
    2007 A6 3.0TDi S-Line Le Mans Avant , adaptive xenon lights, sunroof, privacy glass, towbar, led rears & randomly rear seat airbags
    1999 Honda S2000 , mcb low milage jap import, fully bushed, mugen exhaust <<< for sale! <<<
    2001 Passat TDi 130 Sport < sold!! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/Ste_Nova/Passat/PB140007s.jpg

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by kite View Post
    Pix when it's done...
    He can't take pics of his car this weekend because it will be jealous of the pretty denim blue one sitting beside it lol

3rd Gear

Status
    Yeah but the blue one isn't going to Le Mans....... rofl.......