b6 cab to b7 conversion - advice needed

tanviruk

Reaction score
I've seen a threat on b6 saloon to b7 conversion and seen b6 cabs for sale that have ab7 front end, i was wondering how big of a job it is and if anone has any experience?

My 200 B6 cab is due booked for a trip to the bodyshop next month for routine paint touch-up, with most of the work being stone-chips and scratches on the bonnet and wings and I wondered whether it would be worth commisioning a front end conversion.

Yea thats the saloon, a lot of work is going into getting the b7 wing to blend into the line that is placed in a slightly different place on theb6.

My b6 is a cab, im wondering if you can just get a b7 bonnet, bumper and wings and stick em on without having to do all this panel cutting. That would only be possible if there wasnt a difference in this mid-panel line between b6 and b7 cab. I dont really knwo the asnwerr to that and was hoping someone here was experienced in b6-b7 cab conversion

I wouldnt like to see my car mid conversion with chopped up pannels etc.

If I got this done I would give it to a professional body-shop and have them do it but walk away and say call me when its done.

B7's have completely different body lines down the panels, that's why it's necessary to graft a B7 wing front onto a B6 rear.