Found what was making that knocking noise today!

Turkster

W.Bro.Paul 2.0d Q5 Quattro
Reaction score
Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
Website
www.facebook.com
Well after my 2 month investigation into what was making that nocking noise on my car, the car went in for a front sub frame bush inspection, they was all ok, so the last beast to look at was the Engine Mount that everyone said it could not be, to be fair, it looked ok to from under the car and from on the top, But today we said, **** it, lets have a look, here is what we found,

59b1b44d.jpg

2cc17e6a.jpg

the car has shown a engine mount fault code since the day i got the car but it was always over looked as a bad connection,
So a new one was fitted and we got no codes back after deleting the old one! happy days!
c736e78d.jpg

21352e9c.jpg

same with mine except most of the bottom plate had fallen off and i had no fault code iether, bet it was the drivers side

Seen it before, i also done a few in my time they were either side but only 1 broken ! I would also replace your snub mount and make sure it's adjusted properly !

Your 100% right again bro, the snub mount was changed for a new light creamy coloured one fresh from the dealers, whilst the car was up in the air and the engine mount was out the way there was enough room to move about with the engine front mount and fit it, was tight but we got there in the end,