Badger5AH Fabrications
    3rd Gear

Status

Bose upgrade - advice required

Hi guys,

I have come across a car (saloon) that is breaking that has a full Bose set up, what do I need to remove from the car apart from the speakers to upgrade my current system, especially as I have an Avant.....

Cheers in advance

Steve
    03MY 52 reg 1.9 TDi 130PS Quattro Sport Avant - 170bhp remap, RNS-E+OEM bluetooth, B7 wiper arms/blades, 4300K HID+nightbreakers/LED sidelights, rear tints, new lights all round, new front/rear screens, frt armrest, s-line kit, cruise/DIS, B7 gearknob/aluminium trims, parking sensors, black grilles, RS4 RARB, S4 front end, black 18" RS6 alloys

Still waiting..... S4 rear bumper, exhaust tips, coilovers, leather recaro's.... phew...

2. # ADS
    ADS

BahnStormer

Status
    not certain, but in cased you're pushed for time: make sure you get the sub and amplifier in the boot... BOSE setup isn't bad and it's worth doing if you're getting the parts for free/ a real bargain, but you'd probably do better to use an aftermarket set of speakers if you're paying anywhere close to retail for those parts...
    LostBok/BahnStormer77
    A6 (C7) Avant 3.0TFSI, DSG, rain and light sensor pack, LED headlight pack, MMI touch, SDS high, AMI, 360deg sensors + auto-park, Dunlop SP Winter Sports / Pirelli P Zero's.

3rd Gear

Status
    Cheers lostbok, yet to discuss price, but I have an RNS-E system already and Bose sounds so much better than the standard speakers...
    03MY 52 reg 1.9 TDi 130PS Quattro Sport Avant - 170bhp remap, RNS-E+OEM bluetooth, B7 wiper arms/blades, 4300K HID+nightbreakers/LED sidelights, rear tints, new lights all round, new front/rear screens, frt armrest, s-line kit, cruise/DIS, B7 gearknob/aluminium trims, parking sensors, black grilles, RS4 RARB, S4 front end, black 18" RS6 alloys

Still waiting..... S4 rear bumper, exhaust tips, coilovers, leather recaro's.... phew...

BahnStormer

Status
    BOSE has saved me a FORTUNE.... if I didn't have it, I'd be meddling with speakers and that has cost me a lot in the past... it is not the most pure/amazing sound, but it's plenty for most normal use: that said, I've just got a couple of 4Gb SD cards in my RNS-E with 320kbps MP3s, so if I really wanted a bit more clarity, I think I ought to look there first
    LostBok/BahnStormer77
    A6 (C7) Avant 3.0TFSI, DSG, rain and light sensor pack, LED headlight pack, MMI touch, SDS high, AMI, 360deg sensors + auto-park, Dunlop SP Winter Sports / Pirelli P Zero's.

1st Gear

Status
    I have a new Avant bose sub enclosure with speaker, if you are interested drop me a PM. It hasn't got the amp fitted I have already sold that, but if you get the amp from the doner car it will fit onto the sub enclosure.
    A4 3.0 quattro sport avant B6

Status
    Make sure you get the complete wiring loom. That's the loom running from the amp to the HU and fusebox and all the speaker wiring
    "How to tear apart the ties that bind, perhaps fcuk off might be too kind"
    Alex Turner

3rd Gear

Status
    Andy, why do I need the wiring loom? Can't understand why this would be different, plus it would probably be attached to all the other vehicle wiring which would be a nightmare to track back and remove.....