Bose upgrade - advice required

jbcalvin

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have come across a car (saloon) that is breaking that has a full Bose set up, what do I need to remove from the car apart from the speakers to upgrade my current system, especially as I have an Avant.....

Cheers in advance

Steve

not certain, but in cased you're pushed for time: make sure you get the sub and amplifier in the boot... BOSE setup isn't bad and it's worth doing if you're getting the parts for free/ a real bargain, but you'd probably do better to use an aftermarket set of speakers if you're paying anywhere close to retail for those parts...

Cheers lostbok, yet to discuss price, but I have an RNS-E system already and Bose sounds so much better than the standard speakers...

BOSE has saved me a FORTUNE.... if I didn't have it, I'd be meddling with speakers and that has cost me a lot in the past... it is not the most pure/amazing sound, but it's plenty for most normal use: that said, I've just got a couple of 4Gb SD cards in my RNS-E with 320kbps MP3s, so if I really wanted a bit more clarity, I think I ought to look there first :)

I have a new Avant bose sub enclosure with speaker, if you are interested drop me a PM. It hasn't got the amp fitted I have already sold that, but if you get the amp from the doner car it will fit onto the sub enclosure.

Make sure you get the complete wiring loom. That's the loom running from the amp to the HU and fusebox and all the speaker wiring

Andy, why do I need the wiring loom? Can't understand why this would be different, plus it would probably be attached to all the other vehicle wiring which would be a nightmare to track back and remove.....