New (to me) aero wipers

crazy88

Loving the anonymity
Reaction score
So I have wanted aero wipers for ages, and it's one of the few mods the wife agrees with as the standard wipers were bobbins, even with new genuine Audi wiper blades they still sucked.

So I saw that a user on here (Sam) was selling some so took the opportunity :)

Heres a before and after pic or two. Admittedly they're not the greatest pics, but light was failing and phone pics are never that good. I've only been around the block but first impressions are good, they seem loads better. They seem to feel much lighter against the window if that makes sense?

As for getting them off, a quick soak of wd-40 on the spline, put the kids to bed, come back out and do some wiggling and they popped off...cough...with a bit of random pulling at them.

Just thought id share my evenings work. I also fit the new n/s sun visor I just got from eBay also as the wife broke it. Took a whole 2 minutes for that job, but no pics, so don't get too excited.

Out with the old...
0ea049d0.jpg

In with the new...
8451b873.jpg

Oh, it seems I need to re aim my drivers side squirter as its hitting the new blade. Not sure why, but perhaps they sit a little further out from the window. But it's nothing a pin won't sort. I should also fit my passat jet sprays I bought ages ago actually. Would finish it off nicely. :

so the bit on the drivers side is common on audi's , cos mine is the same , shocking .

The manky paint flaking? It seems so. I always meant to paint it black but never bothered.

Must go to bed, I thought the first pics were the aero wipers?
Damn! The second ones are super aero!

Yeah standard wipers do look different to other cars I've had in the past, but they're not aero ones. Off out for a proper drive tonight, will be cleaning my windscreen often to test them out. I'm such a geek. :)

A true geek won't be content until they've adjusted their washers as per manufacturers guidelines...

NewPicture5.jpg

That is probably my favourite post ever! I had no idea they had such a guide. Time to crack out the little 'uns dry wipe pens and get setting the washers. :)

I also have my hid's to fit tomorrow all being well, so unfortunately the washer jet alignment may have to wait a day or so.

And one thing, is that special tool basically just a fancy pin? :uhm:

That is probably my favourite post ever! I had no idea they had such a guide. Time to crack out the little 'uns dry wipe pens and get setting the washers. :)

I also have my hid's to fit tomorrow all being well, so unfortunately the washer jet alignment may have to wait a day or so.

And one thing, is that special tool basically just a fancy pin? :uhm:

Yup.
Or you can get one of theses.
Windscreen Washer Jet Cleaner Needle + Alignment Tool | eBay

I got one in my car. works well and great picking bits of glass or wood out of your fingers. :)

My wiper aim annoys me, I might follow that picture for a laugh.

Looking good though Crazy.

Any videos of them in action?

No videos of them in action. They're silent though, my old ones sounded like a bus was scraping across my screen. I'll try get a video for you later tonight scott ;)

And yeah, passat ones will be going on this weekend all being well. So no need for a pin, as it's a small allen key to aim them. :)

Think they were ones I was thinking of buying, in th end I ended up buying the Audi normal ones and a new jet washer thingy. To be really honest they are silent and working great again. Even tho it cost me around £50.