Its all pay out!

gkf9

Reaction score
Well just spent £283

4 wheel Hunter alignment and Aircon Regas £228

G65 Pressure sensor £55

Just when I save a bit of money it's gone again.
Well at least my steering wheel is straight now and hopefully save on tyres with the alignment.
And I can stay cool in the summer ( if we get one ) with my aircon working again.

Touch wood that's it for now.

Touch wood that's it for now.

:lmfao:dont be silly its an Audi you will either find something to spend it on or something will be waiting round the corner!

or is that just my car!!!

4 wheel Hunter alignment and Aircon Regas £228

That is some serious money! Aircon should be 50 tops and for a full alignment I would expect to pay at most £110 and even that is extortionate. Did you go to Audi or something?

That is some serious money! Aircon should be 50 tops and for a full alignment I would expect to pay at most £110 and even that is extortionate. Did you go to Audi or something?

No it wasn't Audi, it's a garage I've never used before near my works, I to was knocked back when I got the bill! Thought it would be under £200 at least. They advertise the alignment at £49 including setting the toe at the front end, any other adjustments are then added extra. They did tell me that the track rod ends were all seized and needed heating up to free them etc, so don't know if this was extra labour?

Not sure how much they charged me for the regas, it was in with the alignment.
I don't think I'll use them again, think I've been ripped off a bit by going by this forum.

Live and learn I suppose. :(

:lmfao:dont be silly its an Audi you will either find something to spend it on or something will be waiting round the corner!

or is that just my car!!!

My plans are to try save a deposit for my next Audi, back to £100 saved now, and that will no doubt go on my MOT later this month. :)

I got some part worn tyres the other week from a tyre place(obvious) in wigan and they had an hunter machine i asked him how much and he said 70 something, place in manchester reccomended by wheels in motion is only 80 something and you get a print out of before and after so you can see if they actually adjusted anything.

I got some part worn tyres the other week from a tyre place(obvious) in wigan and they had an hunter machine i asked him how much and he said 70 something, place in manchester reccomended by wheels in motion is only 80 something and you get a print out of before and after so you can see if they actually adjusted anything.

Wheels in Motion are brilliant, there is nothing worth knowing about geometry that Tony Bones (owner) doesn't know, cannot fault them at all. I used them numerous times when I had my Lexus - Being a Luxury car manufacturer and their millions of pounds they spend on research and technology WIM settings are BETTER than Lexus factory settings.
I go to the main one in Buckinghamshire, I think the price is higher than £80 from what I remember but they are still good value as they've saved me loads in rubber, they will set your car up depending on your driving style and taking into account any modifications you have done to the suspension/wheels.

And yeah mate I would avoid that garage again sounds very steep to me, seized track rod ends are nothing that a bit of spray and a blow torch can't fix no excuse to charge you nearly double what it should be.

Last edited:
Well I cant fault the service even tho it was pricey, I got all the print outs of what was adjustered and the car drives as straight as an arrow now. The guy knows his stuff, he's a qualified racing driver etc etc and as quite good set up. It was just handy with it being right next to work. Maybe I'll give the suggested garages a try next time.