Aircon not working...G65 Sensor?

gkf9

Reaction score
I've only just noticed that my aircon as stopped working, it's stuck on the economy light. After searching this forum there seems to be alot of the sensors that fail, is it worth taking a punt and buying a new sensor without looking for faults on Vag.com? ( I haven't got it and don't want to pay the garage if I can help it)

Dont want to pay for a re-gas incase there is a leak which will turn out to be a waste of money. I've read the sensor can be changed without emptying the system. So for £40 odd for the part might be worth a try?

Anyone else been in the same situation where it was the sensor?

TIA

For 40 quid you could prob get a scan somewhere and find out for sure what it is rather then having a stab in the dark

I would advise to get it diagnosed properly. Though you can have a fault showing for the G65 sensor reading low pressure which is actually caused due to no gas in the system.

Ok thanks for the replies, think I will take your advise and get it checked out then.

Have a check of the vcds location map and see if there is anyone close by

Ok so I ended up taking my car to an Indy garage and it's been regassed, said there was still pressure in the system, so they have emptied it and refilled, and it's still not working! They have checked for fault codes and it's come up with the G65 Sensor fault.

Can anyone please confirm that if I fit the part myself the system doesn't need emptying?

Ive read conflicting advise, someone here said that you don't need to empty the system because of valve or something.

TIA

Well went ahead and replaced the G65 pressure switch... And JAY I have aircon again.
I can confirm you don't need to drain the system.

Nice work!

My gut reaction was that you wouldn't lose the refrigerant, but I wasn't 100% sure.