AH FabricationsVolks Autos
    1st Gear

Status

Retrofitting DIS and cruise

Now I have looked at the guide in the sticky section but it only covers how to recode the car for cruise. What do I have to recode for DIS?
    Do i need to just code steering column module or do I need to code the cluster too?

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status

1st Gear

Status
    Thats the steering column module sorted but do i need to do any coding to the instrument cluster? I found some sites say you do but nothing is on the ross tech site.

5th Gear

Status
    Not that I'm aware of

1st Gear

Status
    I have read somewhere about selecting between different DIS options. Maybe it's for the B7 models? I know I will also need a level sensor for the washer bottle too.

5th Gear

Status
    Can't say I have seen that option to be honest

As for the level sensor I'm sure you can just ground a certain wire and it doesn't warn you of the washer level

North East Forum Moderator

Status
    Yup, you need to code 16- Steering Wheel and 17-Instrument Cluster for Trip Computer.

Options in Instrument Cluster, iirc, was DIS 1 or DIS 1 & 2, basically gives the option for Short term memory or Short term and long term memory.

Website | Facebook | Audi TT 2.0TDI 170 Quattro

Status

My Social Networking

Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook
    If someone is able to write a decent 'how-to' for DIS I'd be very grateful as it does get asked a lot.
    Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jb0o View Post
    Yup, you need to code 16- Steering Wheel and 17-Instrument Cluster for Trip Computer.

Options in Instrument Cluster, iirc, was DIS 1 or DIS 1 & 2, basically gives the option for Short term memory or Short term and long term memory.
    Any idea where in instrument cluster you putting the settings for DIS 1 or DIS 1&2?

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by quattrojames View Post
    If someone is able to write a decent 'how-to' for DIS I'd be very grateful as it does get asked a lot.
    After doing a bit of Google search for the answers it's actually linked me back to an older post on this site. Someone has listed the coding options for the instrument cluster and also where the wire needs to be fitted if a washer level sensor isn't fitted. Don't know if you want to edit whats in posts #15 and 16 DIS retro fitted but button blanks the display

Back from the dead

Status
    I produced a simple coding tool a while back that is linked to in my sig. Not sure if sig shows up on posts from tapatalk - if not I'll try and dig out the link.

Edit: Seems the link shows up on the main site but not on tapatalk, so here it is again in case it's useful:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8970502/VAG-...ctivation.html
    Last edited by A4Ade; 2nd May 2012 at 01:03.

1st Gear

Status
    Cheers for that A4Ade that works a treat. Though on instrument cluster what is a remote clock and how do I know if I have it?

Back from the dead

Status
    I never figured out what a remote clock was either! Easiest way to figure out if you have it is to check your existing code (assuming that it is correct) - the last digit of the adaptation code is either a 1 or 0 for remote clock active or not active.

1st Gear

Status
    Looks like I am all set to fit cruise just ordered the bits from the dealers! £200 lighter as I need a control unit too All i need now is a wiper stalk for DIS.

BahnStormer

Status
    ah, damn, HazzyDayz charge £205 to supply AND fit!! Audi A4 8E Cruise Control - Vw & Audi Sat Nav, Bluetooth , TV Tuners, Cruise Control Installations UK

very few people do the washer bottle: apparently the wiring is a real head-ache and it's a couple of hours work... I probably should have as the headlight cleaners will fly throught the whole bottle in one long motorway journey*, but I just fill it up before long journeys and then usually each tiem I fill up for fuel (every 450-odd miles for the type of motorway cruising where I'd be using the screen wash on a regular basis)...

* that said, I've been known to switch the lights from dipped beam to sidelights only just so I can use the screenwash without emptying the bottle too fast!
    LostBok/BahnStormer77
    A6 (C7) Avant 3.0TFSI, DSG, rain and light sensor pack, LED headlight pack, MMI touch, SDS high, AMI, 360deg sensors + auto-park, Dunlop SP Winter Sports / Pirelli P Zero's.

Back from the dead

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by lostbok View Post
    That looks like a good price. I think that might have come down, I'm sure they used to be more expensive. The only thing to check is, if you did have a suitable SCSM already (if you have a multifunction steering wheel, for example) then it is suddenly not such a good price since that's a huge chunk of the cost!

Ian-83: out of interest how did you find out you needed a new SCSM? Did you check yours or just ask the dealer?

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by A4Ade View Post
    That looks like a good price. I think that might have come down, I'm sure they used to be more expensive. The only thing to check is, if you did have a suitable SCSM already (if you have a multifunction steering wheel, for example) then it is suddenly not such a good price since that's a huge chunk of the cost!

Ian-83: out of interest how did you find out you needed a new SCSM? Did you check yours or just ask the dealer?
    I think the price charged by HazzyDayz doesn't include the SCSM as that, with a cruise switch and trim works out to be over £200 before VAT for the parts from a dealer. Plus on top of that to get them to come fit it or drive there is another £20 probably!

As for how I found out which module I had I work for VW so used the diagnostic machine to read the info stored in the SCSM unit and it told me I had part number 8E0 953 549S which works for DIS but not cruise according to Ross Tech, have ordered part number 8E0 959 549N but can return it if not needed.

Back from the dead

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian-83 View Post
    I think the price charged by HazzyDayz doesn't include the SCSM as that, with a cruise switch and trim works out to be over £200 before VAT for the parts from a dealer. Plus on top of that to get them to come fit it or drive there is another £20 probably!
    That could be true. It's a few years since I did this, but I originally got a quote from them (about 4 years ago mind!) and they wanted £225 all in. I bought parts for:
    Cruise stalk (4E0 953 521 4PK)@ £21.20+vat
    Trim (8E0 953 512 P6PS) £22.15+vat
    Steering wheel Control Module (8E0 953 549 N) £95.32+vat
    So ~£163 at old VAT.

If the parts cost has gone up and Hazzydayz cost has gone down then it does seem likely they aren't quoting for the whole job anymore...

Quote Originally Posted by Ian-83 View Post
    As for how I found out which module I had I work for VW so used the diagnostic machine to read the info stored in the SCSM unit and it told me I had part number 8E0 953 549S which works for DIS but not cruise according to Ross Tech, have ordered part number 8E0 959 549N but can return it if not needed.
    N is the one I bought (actually a P is what turned up - I think it was an updated version of the N). Not heard of the S (my old one was an F) but as said my knowledge is a few years old and I'm sure Ross Tech know what they're saying!

Good luck with the install!

1st Gear

Status
    Retail for the parts are now more like
    Cruise stalk £25 plus vat
    Trim £30 plus vat
    Steering control module £130 plus vat.

Well I have all the bits now and my DIS wiper stalk. All I need is a spare hour at work and the diagnostic machine to get it all fitted coded and working

1st Gear

Status
    Just like to say cheers for everyone's input on this. Also specially to A4Ade for his link in his sig for working out the coding needed for the control units. Took my time and got it all fitted and working in about an hour and half. Happy days.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Hello
    I retrofitted dis & cruise control, everything works fine, excep I can't get these screens from my DIS

The fuel consumption and other sreens are available, but not those above.
    How can I reach this screeen? Do I need to adapt some module?
    [17-Instruments]
    [Adaption-10]
    Channel 19 is 31010
    Last edited by InFlames; 25th December 2012 at 12:52.

1st Gear

Status
    Done my cruise for £15
    secondhand stalk from the bay and cut down my original cowl.
    -a friend coded it- bingo
    2006 A4 cab

1st Gear

Status
    I'm bought my bits from eBay, £25 for the SWCM snd stalk and just cut my cowling with my dermal.

As for that menu screen, I've never seen that before on either my a4 or my a3 that has factory fitted cruise and DIS
    Audi A4 Cabriolet 2.5TDI 163 Sport
    Full Interior Lighting Pack - Puddle Lights, Footwell Lights, Door Markers, Handle Ambient Lights, Air Vent Illumination, Armrest Illumination, Roof Ambient Lights. Auto Dim Rear View Mirror, Cruise Control, Full DIS, Genuine 6 Disc CD Changer in Glovebox, RNSE, Remote Windows, Parrot Bluetooth, Storage Pack, Full Leather, Heated Mirrors.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by InFlames View Post
    Hello
    I retrofitted dis & cruise control, everything works fine, excep I can't get these screens from my DIS

The fuel consumption and other sreens are available, but not those above.
    How can I reach this screeen? Do I need to adapt some module?
    [17-Instruments]
    [Adaption-10]
    Channel 19 is 31010
    Considering those screens are in German it's either a non uk option and possible has multi function steering wheel also are you sure there in a B6 not a later car?

Reverse Gear

Status
    I'm sure it's B6. There is a web site where you can ask tehnician to do DIS and other retrofitting, I found there. (Audi A4 (8E) Fedélzeti computer: Tempomatszerelés.hu - Audi szolgáltatások) I think this option is avalabile not just in Germany but every B6 witch has DIS, but don't know how to get this, maybe need to adapt some channel, I don't know...
    Tomorow I try to ask those tehnician how its works. If I know more I will post it!

2nd Gear

Status
    Ive got DIS on my A4 Avant B6...but it doesn't show mileage....you know you might want to reset the mileage when you fill up to keep a record of how many miles its done between fill ups..

You could use the odometre one.. and recent to 0 but I have to record mileage for work...

Any ideas? According to that German link that should be available...

Help!
    Audi Avant A4 54 1.9Tdi Quattro & Leon Cupra R 2005 1.8T remapped to 275bhp

2nd Gear

Status
    Anyone??

3rd Gear

Status

Re: Retrofitting DIS and cruise

Quote Originally Posted by Funkyfin2000 View Post
    Anyone??
    There is a retrofit dis and cruise how to in the "stickies"
    A4 (b6) 2.5 TDi QS Saloon.

Status

My Social Networking

Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkyfin2000 View Post
    Any ideas? According to that German link that should be available...
    Where does it say that? I've not waded through with Google Translate, but it didn't seem obvious?

I've never seen this on DIS, I think that's what the odometer is for.
    Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by InFlames View Post
    That's because you have a B6, the menu is only on the B7 - it's part of the firmware in the cluster, so the only way to get it would be to fit a B7 cluster.
    2006 RS4 Avant (Phantom Black), RNS-E (2010 version inc SDS, HW 070, SW 0220) with AMI (250GB hard disk), Bluetooth + iPhone 5

2nd Gear

Status
    Can anyone confirm with a B6 they have on the DIS... a trip for miles....?